Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Provide actuarial and/or pricing support to a business unit in order to manage a profitable business, acting as a first point of contact for designated products.
Type: Permanent, full time position
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, we’re driven by our purpose – to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employ a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
This is an exciting chance for an experienced Actuarial professional to join QBE Insurance in the role of Actuarial Manager. With a key focus on providing actuarial and pricing support in order to manage a profitable business, you will act as a first point of contact for designated products, developing deep knowledge and subject matter expertise.
To achieve this, you will:
- Develop and modify complex models and techniques for maximum benefit across a wide range of products
- Form a strong understanding of the impact of pricing reviews on the performance KPIs of various business units and provide suggested strategies and recommendations
- Manage end to end reserving processes as part of a cutting-edge reserving transformation that focuses on efficiency, automation, analytics and insights
- Forge key strategic relationships across the organization with peers in product, underwriting, distribution, and claims
Your story so far
To drive success in this role, you will demonstrate extensive general insurance actuarial experience, with in depth knowledge of reserving and fellowship with the Actuaries Institute (or equivalent). You will also posess:
- An ability to analyse, interpret and extrapolate data from a number of sources and resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated skills in communicating complicated concepts verbally and in writing in a simple, professional manner
- Strong management skills and influential interpersonal skills
- Problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Proficiency in commonly used actuarial software packages
We are here to support you
We value our employee’s experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer and HRD Employer of Choice
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) – the definitive national benchmark on LGBTI workplace inclusion
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program
- Access to ‘Share the Care’ – 12 weeks’ gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice, and confidential counselling
- Access to Family and Domestic Violence leave and support through QBE’s Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- A sustained commitment to Reconciliation, having launched our first Reconciliation Action Plan in 2015
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.