Adviser – Risk Management
- Your journey starts here
- Career progression and lifestyle
- Free Myki travel
At V/Line we are committed to helping people get to where they want to go. Whether that’s getting our customers to their destination or our people to their dream career. With a diverse range of roles, we have a passion for helping our people be their best. Let us get you there with free myki travel.
Reporting to the Senior Adviser Risk, could you be our new Adviser – Risk Management? The primary purpose of the Advisor Risk Management role is to collaborate with Senior Advisor Risk in effective management of all Asset Management risks so far as is reasonably practicable including, HSE, asset class, project, and operational risks.
About the role
- You will engage risk owners, control owners, project managers and subject matter experts to ensure that risks are identified, risk control effectiveness assessed, and risk treatments to further improve the risks are identified, tracked, and implemented .
- You will also be responsible to provide expert advice and training to the Asset Management staff in all matters relating to management of Asset Management risks.
- The aim is to minimise uncertainty, enable AM and V/Line to achieve Corporate Objectives, manage risks within V/Line’s approved risk appetite and comply with the statutory obligations.
- Manage, monitor, analyse operational risk management activities for Asset Management and recommend value-adding improvement suggestions.
- Collaborate with Senior Advisor Risk in preparation of Risk Management l plan to meet with Quality Improvement, Compliance and Risk team’s mandate and V/Line’s legal and statutory obligations
- Prepare risk reports for Senior and Executive Leadership Teams.
- To be successful in this role you will need to have Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Business, Commerce or Finance.
- Sound understanding of ISO 31000: Risk management and have demonstrated experience in risk management.
- Experience in Project or Program risk management is highly desired.
- Tertiary qualified or formally trained in contemporary Risk Management and a Cert 4 in Training and Assessment is desirable.
- You will have excellent stakeholder and collaboration skills to engage with members of other teams and Senior and Executive staff.
What we can offer
- Contribute to connecting Victorians
The successful applicant will be paid commensurate with experience. The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, probity (police) check and medical check.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply for this Position' below.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background . We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.