This leading Government Department is seeking a Board Governance Manager for an initial contract January 2022, based in Sydney CBD. In this role you will be responsible for providing company secretariat and corporate governance services to the Board's Committees, Board and Group Leadership Team and support the Head of Board Governance in delivering services to the Board.
- Lead and develop partnerships with key business stakeholders to support improvements in the quality and timeliness of papers and information.
- Manage Committee and Board processes and register management, including the preparation and distribution of papers, preparation of governance calendars, agendas, minutes, out of session briefings and monitoring any action items which arise.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Board and Committee procedures, governance and requirements to enhance the effectiveness of the relationship between the Board and the business.
- Conduct regular research and reviews of charters, policies and other relevant governance documents, systems and processes.
- Manage the provision of high quality documents including briefings, reports and presentations, from the various business owners to ensure responses meet deadlines and reviewing final content to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies.
- Manage the process for appointments and selection Risk, Compliance and Audit Committee members.
- Extensive experience in providing high level executive support and in undertaking corporate reporting.