- Capital Works PMO Governance & Assurance Analyst
- Permanent full-time role at an organisation with an award-winning culture
- Flexible working arrangements considered
Yarra Valley Water provides essential water supply and sanitation services to over 2 million people who live and work in the northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne. As an industry leader involved in exciting and innovative service solutions, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our customers and creating a brighter future for communities and the natural environment.
We see a bright future that starts with people. Our award-winning culture fosters an inclusive, collaborative work environment and provides the development opportunities, flexibility and support that enable high levels of achievement and personal satisfaction. We've created a vibrant workplace committed to supporting staff achieve their goals. We believe this is the key to a satisfied and productive workforce. We offer a range of benefits, so your working environment helps you to achieve your personal goals.
The Capital Works PMO Governance & Assurance analyst will provide specialist program cost and scheduling expertise, analytics, insights and reporting in support of the PMO functions contributing to the portfolio planning, prioritisation, forecasting of our capital program.
This role will enable delivery of the Capital Works through improvement of modern processes, systems and tools, and drive compliance through implementation of a contemporary, unrestrained governance framework.
What will I be doing?
- Establish and maintain work breakdown structure and detailed schedules (works and cost)
- Create and maintain comprehensive schedules that can be utilised to analyse portfolio, program, and project performance and KPI's
- Provide oversight for CAPEX programs across YVW, ensuring that reporting processes are maintained, Project Managers/Leads are constructively challenged to deliver improved outcomes
- Develop and analyse schedule data and reports to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of objectives
- Contribute to monthly PMO reporting of earned value management through cost status reporting, accruals, schedule status and forecasting
- Track actuals against budgets, conduct variance analysis, carry out reporting of project financials and respond to queries from stakeholders
- Monitor critical path activities on a regular basis and provide updates, analysis and forecasting to our stakeholders, including proactively identifying risks and communicating possible mitigation and corrective actions
- Contribute to the management & continuous improvement of the earned value management systems
- Drive the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategic improvement initiatives related to Processes, Systems and Tools
- Drive the process mapping for the delivery of Capital Works
- Lead the development and improvement of a contemporary governance framework and ensure project and program compliance
- Conduct systematic analysis and deep dives to check compliance with governance structures
- Lead the planning and facilitation of improvement and lessons learned workshops in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with systems specialists in the development of technical solutions to ensure standardised processes across the business
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Project Management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a PMO environment responsible for Governance and Assurance including working across process improvement
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills in dealing with key stakeholders including senior management, customers, consultants, contractors, regulators and committees
- Demonstrated experience in managing all documents, policies and procedures, standards and specifications.
- Experience in developing strategies, analysis, and efficiency improvements.
Why Yarra Valley Water?
- This permanent full-time role is classified as an Officer Level 5, salary range $108,114 - $116,876 per annum dependent on experience, plus 10% superannuation
- Home office set up allowance
- Hybrid work model
- Generous personal leave entitlements
- Training and development opportunities
- Social events, skill-sharing and networking opportunities
How to apply
Applications should include a supporting Cover Letter and Resume.
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Yarra Valley Water is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from all types of people, from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for our customers, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
This position is available for Yarra Valley Water employees and external applicants.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).