SYC has a relentless belief in people and their potential. We provide services that foster wellbeing, independence and opportunity for all Australians.
As a not-for-profit organisation, SYC invests back into the Australian community, helping tens of thousands of people every year with housing, education and employment. Founded in 1958 to support young people experiencing disadvantage, we now extend this expertise to people of all ages.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Newly created strategic role on SYC's growing Executive Leadership team
- Opportunity to influence change, with the combined role of a CRO and CIO
- Attractive remuneration package, with access to salary packaging tax benefits
The Chief Risk and Information Officer will lead and drive the strategic development, implementation and continuous improvement of SYC’s risk management and governance frameworks through multiple channels.
- Lead the optimisation of our Risk Management Framework, and ensure risk management is aligned and embedded into our strategic and operational planning and decision making
- Oversee the digital transformation of our operational practices to create business process optimisation, and to enhance client experiences across the services we deliver
- Ensure that appropriate governance frameworks and tools are in place to meet relevant requirements for quality, compliance, privacy, information security and business continuity needs, while communicating your expert advice and recommendations to Senior Management and Board Committees
- Champion change and gain commitment, motivation and accountability across your immediate team, while working collaboratively with wider teams to achieve and sustain appropriate levels of employee turnover to position SYC as an ‘Employer of Choice’
- Lead a team to drive the creation of policies and practices that identify, monitor, manage and report risks across our organisation
- Monitor the regulatory environment for changes affecting operations and oversee the timely and effective communication and implementation of these changes accordingly
- Advocate for positive outcomes for all people affected by disadvantage through out Australia
If you are a visionary leader, with proven success driving the continuous improvement of risk management frameworks and influencing the implementation of strategic governance practices, then we would love to hear from you!
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven experience and success as a Risk Manager or Information Security Manager in a Senior or Executive Manager role involving risk management, information security, cybersecurity and/or governance is highly desirable.
- The ability to demonstrate comprehensive applied knowledge of risk management principles and guidelines, quality and compliance systems and frameworks, and cybersecurity standards.
- A visionary, innovative and influential leadership manner that drives collaborative change in accordance with our Our Purpose and Our Principles.
- Strategic business planning experience, with proven success facilitating change and continuous improvement in a risk management environment.
- Completion of, (or willingness to complete within 12 months) the AICD Company Directors Course and the AICD Cyber for Directors Course is essential.
- A collaborative manner, with a focus on building and maintaining strong and engaged relationships with internal and external stakeholders to meet strategic objectives.
- Knowledge of culturally inclusive practices, promoting an environment where all cultures, beliefs and experiences are respected.
- A current valid Driver’s Licence is essential, and where a motor vehicle allowance or kilometre reimbursement is paid, you must have a registered vehicle with a 4-5-star ANCAP safety rating.
- A willingness to travel both intrastate and interstate is required.
To view the detailed Job Description, please visit - https://www.syc.net.au/about-us/work-for-us/positions-vacant/
SYC is a diverse organisation that offers many perks that include salary packaging, loyalty leave, birthday leave, professional development and more!
Find out more here, https://www.syc.net.au/about-us/work-for-us/
To apply, click the 'Apply now’ button and include a cover letter with your resume.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Yasmine Sayegh, HR Manager on 0439 625 083 or email@example.com .
Applications close on Thursday 29 April 2021.
SYC is a Child Safe organisation and will require the
successful applicant to complete pre-employment checks including a Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check and a National Police Check.
SYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud of our diverse workforce. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.