Do work that matters
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
We are also responsible for designing, developing, implementing and continually reviewing Decisioning Solutions, Policies and Procedures and provide Operational Risk and Compliance advice to manage Business Risk for the Retail Bank.
RBS Risk Management is responsible for managing the Retail Bank’s overall risk portfolio, ensuring RBS has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks.
See yourself in our team
RBS Compliance sits within the broader Group Operational Risk and Compliance division within CommBank, with a dotted reporting line through to the RBS Chief Risk Officer. The RBS Compliance Team consists of Regulatory Engagement, Regulatory Change, Incident and Issue Management, Compliance Advisory, and a Frameworks and Assurance team. RBS also includes the Bankwest brand. This role can be based either in Perth or Sydney.
On any given day you will:
- Maintain a detailed understanding of RBS’s business and risk profile and advise on areas of assurance and controls testing
- Support the EM Compliance Assurance and Monitoring and the Senior Managers across stakeholder management engagement with Group Compliance and RBS stakeholders.
- Completing assurance work following the Line 2 Assurance Standard
- Prepare reports and insights which will enable enhancement of our compliance framework and compliance with our obligations
- Conduct ‘deep dive’ reviews into areas of potential concern – including planning, scoping and performing detailed reviews on business strategy, projects, transactions and processes
- Review and challenge existing processes and practise
- Provide assurance over data completeness and integrity in Risk InSite (our Risk Management Database System)
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing improvement of compliance policies, standards, procedures and systems across RBS
- Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and help the business identify opportunities to improve processes, and formulate solutions
We are interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Experience in assurance roles, including Big4 internal audit or external audit, internal audit, and/or Line 2 assurance
- Good knowledge of financial services law and practice pertaining to retail banking services is desired, however a continued interest in learning is required
- Excellent commercial acumen and understanding of retail banking processes and products is desired
- Experience working with senior business leaders in managing issues/control gaps
- Good judgement capability, and an ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner using a variety of information
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills and the ability to inspire others to action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to produce a wide range of communications, including senior facing reports
- Ability to constructively challenge peers and stakeholders to ensure that RBS meet regulatory obligations and remain within risk appetite
- The ability to analyse data to identifiy issues and communicate concerns
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/10/2021