About Lending Association
Lending Association is a family-owned and diverse group of companies, operating predominantly in the financial services arena.
Established in 2011 the business continues to thrive through a focus on delivering exceptional client outcomes. This has been recognized through the multitude of industry awards and recognition the company receives year on year.
We are a company focused on the recruitment and development of top talent, creating a fun, vibrant, and performance-driven culture.
As a Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight of the internal risk and compliance functions of the Lending Association Group (“LA”).
You will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating compliance and regulatory requirements that affect LA, with a focus on resolution and development. The role plays a critical part in ensuring that a customer’s needs and objectives are met in their best interest, and is responsible for developing insights and reporting from compliance reviews and acting as the liaison point across all teams within the business.
We’ve got some big targets and are a company with a start-up attitude so we’re looking for a talented individual with a high level of initiative, a fast learner and a helpful attitude.
This is the perfect opportunity for a go-getter who works in a boundaryless way, is ready t build a team, pull on necessary resources, and super-charge our business.
- Ensuring all teams deliver on excellent client outcomes by adhering to responsible lending, best interest duty, and overarching industry compliance requirements
- Strong drive to continually explore and implement best practices in line with business standards and regulatory requirements
- Implementation and continual evolution of the LA risk and compliance framework, policies, controls and testing procedures
- Trend analysis and insights from Qualitative File reviews
- Ensuring all teams are up to date on all compliance training
- Monitor ASIC, APRA, AUSTRAC media releases, publications, lender and industry announcements and any other related developments
- Monitoring, reviewing, and education of all teams and team functions in relation to compliance requirements
- Champion customer advocacy and adapt behaviors to changing demands, fostering collaboration across teams/business units to ensure the customer is at the center of all governance activities
- Ensuring escalated customer complaints and inquiries are resolved promptly and effectively, with root causes addressed to eliminated systemic issues
- Effective management of on-going projects and key initiatives to ensure timely delivery
- Promoting and maintaining a collaborative working environment, focusing on a “One LA” approach
- Foster a culture of recognition
- Ensuring effective controls are in place to monitor, measure, and act on any and all compliance/risk components of the business – and proactively resolving any issues that arise
- Attending industry events and meeting key internal and external stakeholders to further develop working relationships
- Collaboration with all business units to raise compliance awareness and explore effective controls and processes
- Proactive management and identification of potential risks to ensure no brand or financial impacts
Your experience includes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in quality control, compliance, risk, or similar roles
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- The ability to manage multiple projects and effectively prioritise competing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to develop, and manage business requirement documents, policies & procedures, process maps, and reports.
- Strong working knowledge of Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong analytical skills and can demonstrate examples of creating well-thought-out strategies that are supported by evidence and measured, monitored and optimized for the best results
- A strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding performance metrics;
- Ability to easily gain buy-in for projects and programs and influence stakeholders.
- A strong working knowledge of the banking & finance industry, Australian housing market, and regulatory environment.