An exciting opportunity exists to join Cape York Employment as a Cairns based Compliance Officer.
Cape York Employment Pty Ltd is a not‐for‐profit entity created in 2013 within the Cape York Group suite of entities. Cape York Employment (CYE) delivers the Federal Government's Community Development Program (CDP) across the Aurukun/Coen region and Lockhart River region
The Compliance Officer undertakes a broad range of administrative functions to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the CDP, providing servicing for participants and system‐based tasks that support compliance and performance under the CDP compliance framework.
The Compliance Officer works under limited supervision, demonstrates a good level of autonomy to ensure that tasks are completed and outcomes delivered as directed, meets set timelines and provides regular summaries of work to date.
Objectives of the position are to:
- To provide support for participants within the CDP framework
- To provide administrative support to ensure contract performance/compliance and continuous best practice
- To demonstrate an understanding of the latest CDP funding guidelines
- To demonstrate a sound current working knowledge of the CDP IT system to ensure high levels of performance and compliance
- To provide reporting as required within the IT system and to the Compliance Team lead.
Other key accountabilities required to be successful in this position include but are not limited to:
- The key accountabilities of the Compliance Officer are to support achievement of Targets 1, 5 & 6 of the Provider Performance Guide
- Contribute to the effective and efficient management of the CDP contract through provision of administrative tasks on a regular basis
- Maintain a professional and effective relationship with participants and other team members
- Contribute to a safe workplace.
- Experience in working with the CDP framework and guidelines (or capacity to learn)
- Excellent time management, problem solving, conflict resolution, communication and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Good computer skills using the CDP IT system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Demonstrated well‐developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks and complete them in an environment of competing priorities
- An understanding of the barriers faced by jobseekers in remote Australia
- Ability to work with Indigenous people with complex needs
- Understanding of Cultural awareness and sensitivity coupled with the ability to educate others
- Ability to ensure work practices comply with organisational policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ethical behaviour and regard for confidentiality
- High standard of personal presentation
What are the benefits?
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Remuneration in accordance with the position requirements and your experience
- Salary Sacrifice tax free component
- Access to Employee Assist Program
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.