Compliance, Sustainability & Stakeholder Coordinator (NSW)
CitiPower and Powercor Australia are electricity distributors and supply power to more than one million Victorians. We own and manage the technology - poles, wires, meters and distributed technologies such as storage - that deliver electricity to homes and businesses within Melbourne’s CBD, its suburbs and across central and western Victoria.
About Beon Energy Solutions
Beon is a design, engineering, construction and project management company committed to future-focused energy solutions.
Our team of over 120 dedicated workers bring a commitment to safety, high quality, performance and reliability as well as a desire and commitment to make a positive contribution in the communities and regions where we work. Since 2017 Beon has successfully built five large-scale solar farms and installed over 1 million solar panels. Beon is part of the CitiPower-Powercor group of companies.
About the Role:
This is an exciting 12 month opportunity for a person passionate about climate change and renewable energy to ensure our projects make a positive contribution in the communities where we work.
You will make a substantial contribution to this by managing environmental compliance and community and stakeholder engagement on two large-scale solar farms in regional NSW.
The role will also include developing a social procurement framework that, where possible, ensures that purchases of equipment and contractors benefit local businesses and social organisations. Building on the experience from these first two projects, you will then play a similar role on other large-scale solar projects that we will be building in regional NSW. This will include developing and implementing innovative employment programs that will assist locals facing barriers to employment gain work on the solar farms, such as our recently developed, ‘Women in Solar,’ initiative and our electrical apprenticeship program.
The role will require significant travel and time to be spent onsite at the different projects, the first of which will be located 50 Kms North of Wagga Wagga.
This is a great opportunity to start a career in the renewable energy sector with a company with a proven track record of delivering high impact community engagement programs.
Further key responsibilities in this role will include:
• Implement, coordinate and oversee the compliance of all conditions of the environmental management plans, including landscaping and groundcover management plans;
• Undertake internal and external reporting for environmental performance, non-compliances and incidents as required by the environmental management plans.
• Be aware of and manage compliance with all conditions of the Development Consent including all planning obligations and any other required permits;
• Liaise with relevant government agencies, particularly DPIE, in relation to regulatory conditions and compliance issues.
• Coordinate an honest and open community and stakeholder engagement process.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Support project managers in all community and stakeholder engagement matters
• Act as a key point of contact and manage issues concerning cultural heritage.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
• Detailed knowledge of environmental management system audit and compliance programs
• Experience working with DPIE is an advantage
• A knowledge of project management principles and techniques
• Experience in community and stakeholder engagement
Your career with Beon Energy Solutions:
When you join our business, your work-life balance and career development are high priorities. We place emphasis on your development through diverse training programs, leadership courses and internal opportunities.
Some of our benefits:
• Exposure to industry leading practices within a strong and stable company
• A great incentives package including an annual performance bonus, health and fitness subsidy, salary packaging options and much more….
• A supportive and innovative team culture
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application by COB 25th September 2020