The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day work working 76 hours per fortnight to commence as soon as possible. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
As a member of the Work Health and Safety team:
• Assist in the development and coordination of the implementation of the Work Health and Safety (WH&S) Management System.
• Provide specialist advice and support to the all levels of the organisation in relation to the management of strategic and operational WH&S issues.
• Undertake high level risk assessments and educate and support management in undertaking risk assessments and investigations while engendering cultural change, to adopt a proactive stance to safety.
• Develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders in WH&S and influence strategy, policy and promotion of WH&S by gaining support for programs of significance to the Agency.
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Consultant - Work Health and Safety Band 6 (February 2021).pdf
Generic Consultant - Work Health and Safety Band 6 (February 2021).docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au