MLC Life Insurance. We have been protecting Australians for over 130 years. We respect the role we play in providing peace of mind for our customers, and we never lose sight of it. Our Purpose
MLC Life Insurance is one of Australia’s leading life insurance specialists and a member of the Nippon Life Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading insurers. We are guided by our simple purpose: ‘A Promise for Life’. We provide almost 1.2 million Australians with reassurance that they and their loved ones will be supported when they need it most. It’s a promise that provides peace of mind and helps them sleep at night.
Our purpose is supported by Our Values
of Do What’s Right, Deliver Together, Make it Simple, Own it and Aim High
. It’s how we work together and behave every day in every interaction with our customers, partners and each other that defines who we are. Our Strategy
Our strategy puts our customers at the centre of our ambition to be Australia’s leading and most trusted life insurer. It is through the commitment, energy and talent of everyone at MLC Life Insurance, working together, that we make a positive contribution to the lives of our customers. To support all of us to be at their best every day, we offer a flexible work environment centred on development, wellbeing, recognition and contribution.
With more than 1500 people nationally, we believe our success is built on the unique contribution of our people. Diversity and Inclusion is core to what we believe in and who we are. We aspire for everyone at MLC Life Insurance to feel valued and respected for who they are. The Role
Reporting to the Head of Monitoring, Oversight and Risk Culture, the Consultant will support and provide Line 2 Risk & Compliance Management monitoring, reporting, oversight and challenge to the risk & obligation owners across MLC Life Insurance to effectively manage operational risks and compliance obligations.
In this role, you will support the Head of Monitoring, Oversight and Risk Culture & Manager Monitoring, Reporting and Risk Culture in:
- The development and execution of the annual Line 2 Monitoring and Oversight Plan.
- Performing systemic reviews and deep dives of the implementation of the risk and compliance management frameworks, obligations, operational risks, controls and processes across the company to ensure risk is managed within appetite.
- Supporting the manager in reporting on those reviews to the LT and Board.
- Enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of risk and compliance management processes.
- Driving a strong risk culture across the company by role modelling the risk and compliance management frameworks and practices and monitoring risk in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have 3‐5 years of experience in Financial Services / Insurance / Financial Advice, or similar years of experience in a similar position within a financial institution. You will also have:
Why Choose Us?
- Tertiary qualifications in Legal, Risk Management or Finance (i.e. Accounting, Actuarial, Commerce, Banking, Economics).
- Post graduate qualifications in the above fields would be advantageous.
- Experience in financial services, with specific experience in Life Insurance would be desirable.
- Demonstrated pragmatic approach to compliance management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
At MLC Life Insurance, you will have the opportunity to:
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including Federal Police Checks, Employment checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and Bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates, however they will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the position.
- work with a WGEA cited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- enjoy flexible work options and an inclusive environment where everyone is respected and valued for who they are and their unique contribution
- embrace a culture of customer centricity and an ambition to be Australia’s leading, most trusted Life Insurer
- access CircleIn Parental Support - an online support resource for our working parents
- access a range of benefits including competitive salary, lifestyle leave, two days volunteer leave every year, recognition of service milestones; and
- wellness and lifestyle offerings including access to Uprise – our Digital Wellbeing Program, as well as discounts on a variety of lifestyle and entertainment products and services.