The Organisation & The Role:
This is a hands-on role in the 2nd Line of Defence at an international commercial bank's (foreign ADI) Sydney Branch. The Credit Officer is responsible for assisting the Credit Risk Assurance Manager with the oversight of the Australian Branch’s credit portfolio. They will also provide back-up and assistance to other Risk & Compliance officers as and when required.Responsibilities:
- Assist the Credit Risk Assurance Manager to monitor credit risk related changes to local regulatory requirements, and escalate related breaches.
- Oversee the quality of credit proposals presented to General Managers (GMs), the Australian Credit Committee (ACC) and Head Office for either support or approval.
- Identification of material credit risks within the portfolio, when compared to the approved Credit Risk Appetite Statement.
- Facilitate any improvements that management may agree are necessary to enhance business staff skills in the credit risk area - in order to achieve effective credit risk management and a sound credit portfolio, and meet local regulatory expectations and requirements.
- Actively contribute to credit risk discussions at both the ACC and the Australian Management Committee (AMC), identifying any material credit issues.
- Ensure that local and Head Office management are provided with timely and relevant information pertaining to the key credit risks in the Australian Branch’s loan portfolio.
- Ensure that the Australian Branch’s Credit Risk Management Framework and Policy, Credit Risk Appetite Statement and Credit Procedures documents are adequately maintained and reflect sound lending practices and also meet local Australian regulatory expectations and requirements.
- Periodically review the quality of analysis of key credit risks and mitigate factors for material credit exposures, and report the findings to the Head of Risk and Compliance, the Australian Country Head and the ACC.
- Assist the Credit Risk team to gather credit risk-related data from internal or external resources and producing reports or presentations to the ACC, and AMC that outline findings, explain credit risk positions, and/or recommend changes.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with compliance to the Branch’s AML/CTF Program, including assisting with KYC reviews, risk ratings, EDD and OCDD duties, reporting obligations, and the provision of training to other staff, as and when required.
For further information on this role or to confidentially apply, please contact Eugena Gong on 02 8227 9200 or apply directly via the Apply for this job button. Only WORD FORMAT CVs will be accepted.
- Sound understanding of techniques for analysing credit risk for commercial lending transactions / portfolios.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirement - especially APRA and ACC guidelines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised, as well as collaboratively in a team.