Corporate & Investment Bank Credit Risk is responsible for lending activities and related credit exposures. CIB Credit Risk is organized by geography with teams aligned by industry. The North America Diversified Industries Credit Risk Team manages exposure to non-investment grade companies within the following sub-sectors: Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Business Services, Capital Goods, and Transportation. Applicable client exposures include leveraged loans, derivatives trading and intra-day liquidity facilities. The Analyst will have responsibility for diligence, risk grading, and on-going monitoring and management of a diverse and complex portfolio of companies.Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment
- Identify the key risk factors associated with clients, transactions, and industry sub-sectors across an assigned portfolio
- Develop and articulate a dynamic, forward-looking risk assessment of client companies, transactions, competitive threats, and industry and other factors
- Participate and/or lead in client due diligence meetings as necessary
- Attend client, bank, and other meetings to develop a better understanding of client companies, management teams, and industry sectors
- Build and maintain financial models to incorporate the impact of forward-looking risk assessment on key drivers
- Credit Approval Process
- Apply corporate finance and accounting expertise to prepare credit approval materials, ensure all credit risk policies are followed, and present and recommend credits for approval at the appropriate level
- Analyze covenants and other terms and conditions as part of a deal team
- Review legal documentation to ensure terms are appropriate and consistent with credit approval
- Portfolio Management
- Provide a well-researched and thoughtful risk assessment of each assigned client on an ongoing basis
- Ensure risk ratings are accurate and reflect a current forward-looking view of the client
- Provide early identification and proactive management of deteriorating credits and other problem situations
- Analyze, prepare, and present for approval all required waivers, amendments, and extensions
- Prepare and present portfolio review material to senior management
- Work with bank examiners and internal credit reviewers to validate credit quality and integrity of the credit process
- Some accounting and corporate finance coursework or experience in credit, financial modeling and/or underwriting
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with interest in client interaction
- Independently productive; able to operate at a highly effective level with moderate day-to-day managerial direction
- BA/BS degree is required
- Completion of a major commercial/investment bank credit training program is a plus
- Candidates should be highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransOrganization
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.