Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian. That’s where you come in...
Working as an Information Security Analyst (Level 3), you will be part of a 24x7 SOC team that provides a full security operations and incident response capability.
The Teams responsibility extends to:
- monitoring client networks and endpoints for security events/alerts for active threats, intrusions and/or compromises;
- analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from the Security Information and Event Tools, network intrusion systems and Host based Intrusion Prevention Tools (AV, HIPS, Application Whitelisting);
- monitoring and assessing emerging threats and vulnerabilities to the environment and ensuring those requiring action are addressed;
- defining and implementing business rules for end point and network security systems and correlation rules to identify security events of interest;
- Security Incident Management, advice and education and maintaining the currency and health of the deployed security tools;
- provide technical administration support for security suite of software and hardware.
- contractual and stakeholder reporting; and
- reviewing, documenting and improving processes to contribute to the overall security of the environment.
You will have over 3 years relevant experience with at least 2 years’ experience in an security analytics/operations position with professional experience in cyber security monitoring, tools management, Incident procedures and protocols and/or in an security engineer/administrator position providing technical support for endpoint and network systems and devices.
- Professional experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Application Whitelisiting will be an advantage
- Professional experience in Incident management and response with relevant experience operating in a Australian Government environment
- Professional experience in creating and deploying policies for technical solutions
- Professional experience in performing network traffic analysis utilising raw packet data, net flow, IDS’ and Firewall logs/concepts;
- Professional experience in reviewing threat data from various sources.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability in providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals
Ideally applicants will be degree qualified with the following:
- Relevant professional memberships
- Industry ICT Security qualifications such as CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GCDA et
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen, hold a government NV-1 security clearance, with the expectation of obtaining an NV-2.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.