Rare opportunity to join a new Cyber Practice and be involved in the strategic direction | Autonomous role | Growing IT consultancyAbout my client
My client is a local, privately owned consulting and IT managed services organisation based on the city fringes, near tram and parklands. The culture is very team oriented because everyone in the company gets a bonus which engenders a very supportive culture. They share the profit across the whole company and there is no hierarchy, as they have a very flat org chart. I have been recruiting for them on and off since 2013.
Unlike a lot of the “big” MSPs they don’t care if you don’t have certs. If you can do the job that’s good enough! If you have an interest in doing certs, however, you will be able to study during working hours, take paid time off to sit the exams and have the cost covered. You will be fully supported to further your professional development, this can include working towards certifications, attending conferences, webinars, networking events, tech sessions held by vendors etc
This is a consulting role and you will need to account for your time - the old "billable" hours. But they will not flog you like the Big 4 do. You will have work life balance and the opportunity to study whilst working and participate in industry events, networking events, social events and more. About the role
You will work in the Cyber team and on cross-organisation projects focusing on bringing your skills and expertise into client deliverables. You will work across a range of different teams and clients and you will need to proactively manage your time, proactively engaging client managers and project managers to ensure consistent quality client delivery.
You will focus on both technical and business elements of cyber including responsive system monitoring, data analysis, threat hunting and analysis, security configuration and design of various systems as well as contribution to writing of reports and formal audits and assessments.
The company is growing and you will need to work with various client managers, consulting, services, and development teams to drive excellent team and client outcomes.
You will need to hold an appropriate relevant technical and cyber qualifications and have 5+ years' experience delivering professional IT services.
What you are like…
- Assist in security incident investigation
- Create weekly threat summary reports
- Perform threat hunting activities through security tools
- Develop threat Intelligent feeds and capabilities to share internally and with clients.
- Continuously improve use of security tools, validating new features available and implementation of them
- Proactively review alerts from security systems including SIEMs, EDRs and AI detection tools
- Assist in vulnerability management and patching
- Perform continual improvement of cyber resilience across infrastructure, cloud and software services.
- Monitor, Identify, and Triage security related threats and events
- Assist in Microsoft Azure and O365 Security configuration and design
- Assist in Firewall security configuration and design
- Assist in developing the Cyber Security Strategy
- Assist in performing Cyber audits and assessments
- Strong business acumen, punctuality, presentation and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Autonomy including the necessity to not be managed or followed up with an ability to jump-in and “take the lead” when required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage expectations to your co-workers
- Strong technical, research and risk analysis
- Current knowledge of cyber security emerging threats & standards
- Clear concise verbal and written communication
- Capability to learn and understand a business, its vulnerabilities, and systems in depth
- Solid cyber threat & risk methodology knowledge in theory and practice
- Identifying and defending against new and emerging cyber threats.
- Implementing protocols to minimise vulnerabilities across a transforming organisation.
- Hands-on security engineering experience
- Microsoft Azure/ O365 automation, Vulnerability management automation, experience with Log Management Infrastructure
- Creating plans and remedial activities to assess & address potential cyber security threats.
APPLY NOW or get in touch with me for more information, like the PD!
0404 380 704 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.pipertalent.com.au