Cyber Security Consultant ($Neg depending on experience)
About the role
Communications Design & Management (CDM) is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist. You'll work with a variety of our clients to deliver a wide range of high-quality information security assessments and general technology risk management advice. You'll utilise your skills and knowledge to help our clients to secure their information, systems, people and organisation.
This role works with CIOs, CISOs, CROs to assess client's security posture, providing recommendations for improvement and then working with them to implement new controls and improve their existing ones.
Key facets of the role include the following:
- Secure enterprise information by determining security requirements; plan, implement, and test security systems; prepare security standards, policies, and procedures; mentor team members.
- Help deliver projects as a team member and team leader on larger engagements (e.g., assess cyber risk, assess security program maturity, develop technical and security program recommendation, solution and enterprise architecture and conduct controls assurance security reviews).
- Work with clients (e.g., educate client staff, present findings, work with client teams at all levels to implement solutions).
- Analyse data and interpret technical results for client engagements.
- Scope and write proposals for client engagements.
- Work with technical partners (vendors) to deliver an integrated solution.
- Work closely with BDMs on opportunities.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the IT, 5 years in a cyber security role.
- Strong Technical Security skills hands on GRC experience.
- Experience in cyber security consulting with real world hands-on knowledge.
- This is both a delivery and pre-sales/architecture role. The successful candidate will be capable of providing a vision to a client and implementing it.
- Experience in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, information security and controls in securing Azure.
- Experience with MSSP and SIEM including Microsoft Sentinel.
- Experience performing security assessments and reviews based on ISO27001 and/or NIST CSF (2+ years).
- Experience implementing ISO27001 compliant Information Security Management Systems to certification.
- Experience undertaking information security assessments and reviews of applications and infrastructure systems (2+ years) IT audit experience.
- Proven experience in the implementation of Information Security frameworks and security controls across, people, process and technology (1-2 years).
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ASD Essential Eight, ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, CIS benchmarks & CIS controls.
- Excellent reporting, presentation and communication skills.
Please submit your resume, including a cover letter for a confidential discussion. Only applicants holding an Australian citizenship will be considered. The successful candidate must be able to get/have Defence clearance. Full scope of salary will be determined for the right candidate and will be provided upon application.