We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Data Governance Manager to join Stockland, based within our Sydney Head Office to drive, manage and facilitate organisation-wide governance activities in line with our internal data risk management strategy and roadmap.
This position will work closely with key stakeholders to help evolve our data governance practices.
- Lead and manage all organisation-wide data governance activities and have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
- Develop and embed policies and processes to improve how we collect, manage, store and use data.
- Implement the data governance strategy and roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Roll out the Stockland data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organisation behaviour policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of Stockland’s principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information, or other data related qualifications.
- ASX listed, REIT and property industry experience preferable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
At Stockland we are a community delivering outcomes that benefit the community at large. We work collaboratively and inclusively, building strong working relationships. Our portfolio is diverse and so are the opportunities for professional and career development. We are committed to providing our people with broad experiences to build a successful career.
We recognise the importance of flexibility and work life-quality and over 80% of our employees have informal or formal flexible work arrangements. Additionally, Stockland has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds and we want our teams to reflect this.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Benefits include free to access or subsidised lifestyle, health, well-being and financial services products.
Agencies should note that unsolicited resumes will not be accepted for this position and Stockland will not pay any fees related to resumes that are submitted directly to hiring managers and not through our approved process. Where appropriate, the Careers @ Stockland Team will work with our preferred panel of agencies to source candidates for roles. Please submit any queries relating to the approved process of submitting candidate resumes or Stockland’s preferred agency panel to firstname.lastname@example.org.