At Optus, we don't sit back and let the future happen to us - we're out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we're creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. Our vision is to be Australia's most loved everyday brand with lasting customer relationships, and we want you to be an influential and key part of delivering our new ways of working!
About the Team
Join the Optus Data Governance, Quality and Privacy team where we are building an enterprise framework to effectively govern Optus’ and our customer’s data and manage data risk. We are helping rethink how we use data to fulfill the needs of our customers (both internal and external). We drive creation of delightful, frictionless and compliant experiences while maximizing the value of our data.
About the Role
You will get an opportunity to manage the tools and technology that enable us to govern our data and drive the adoption and process improvement for these tools, identifying, defining requirements, influencing, and optimising technology solutions associated with data governance, quality, and privacy management. A significant amount of collaboration across all business areas at Optus and with Singtel in Singapore is required , in order to manage and support the key cross-functional suite of technology solutions that create strategic and transformational value for our customers, partners and employees. Key to your success, will be collaboration with the Data Management (DM) team who will deliver and enhance technology solutions. You will utilise your broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to this function as well as practical experience of multiple business domains.
- Administer, manage and support data governance tools and technologies
- Expert input on the oversight and control framework and enablement of data governance technologies across the company
- Change agent across Optus, guiding and supporting various technical and technology activities, focusing on growing the data governance maturity level within the company
- Expert input into oversight framework for Enterprise metadata, enterprise data security and privacy and master data management
- Connect the dots across various data initiatives – supporting the data initiatives alignment framework and on-going processes.
- Educate and train staff and teams across the organisation to understand the components of the data governance tools and technology and how to utilize them.
- Work with the Data Management team to align technology requirements to the data management procedures and guidelines.
- Align technology solutions to external regulations, such as, privacy, security, CCPA, etc.
- Identify and stay abreast of data related regulatory requirements.
We are looking for the following skills knowledge and experience:
- The latest developments in tools, technology, concepts and approaches to data governance and data management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or a related field
- Delivering, managing and/or supporting data governance solutions with 5+ years' experience in broader areas of data and analytics
- Relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Strategic perspective - able to looking toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge, posing future scenarios and discussing multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Australian data management, security and privacy regulations, best practices and how they impact the telecommunications industry
- Prior success working across organisational boundaries delivering on disparate tasks, project plans and conflicting priorities
- Agile software development processes and lifecycle
- Uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process