Must have experience
* To manage daily data operations and ensure timely delivery of data required for monthly / quarterly / half yearly / annual reporting.
* To oversee data risks and incidents, capture, record & progress fixes for data issues.
* To understand & document data requirements for Risk reporting & insights.
* To analyse data from source systems, existing enterprise & Risk data sets to determine most appropriate data sources that'll meet Risk reporting & insights requirements.
* To provide source to target mapping, along with business rules and transformation for developers to design & build data assets that meet Risk reporting & insights requirements.
* Engage with customers to understand data requirements & document business objectives, requirements in/out of scope, risks, issues and challenges.
* Analyse source systems, existing enterprise, Risk & other data sets to determine most appropriate data sources that'll meet customer requirements.
* Assess quality of determined data sets to identify gaps, issues and variances & document them as technical findings.
* Discuss technical findings with customers, help them accept the variances or carry out more detailed analysis as requested by customers until agreed & signed off by them.
* Provide source to target mapping, along with business rules and transformation for developers to design & build data solutions that meet customer requirements.
* Assist in defining the data checks and reconciliations required to ensure quality of data solution delivered.
* Prepare test scripts, perform testing of data assets prior to production roll out to ensure customer requirements have been met.
* Assist customers performing UAT & PIV of their data assets for validity & accuracy.
* Perform basic validations to ensure output produced is in line with the previous months / quarters / years.
* Document & investigate, track data issues identified to closure.
* Establish controls to ensure data produced is fit for purpose, test and validate the performance of these controls.
* Build and maintain a backlog of continuous improvements to optimise and automate processes.
* Support & drive the migration of legacy reporting processes to Tableau.
Knowledge and Experience
* 10+ years IT experience.
* Experience working in financial services industry.
* Proficiency in SAS, Teradata, SQL, PL/SQL
* Proficiency in relational databases such as Teradata, big data platforms, such as Hadoop and visualisation tools such as Tableau.
* Tertiary qualifications well regarded.