Rare opportunity to join a tier one firm in a senior leadership role | Great leaders | Non hierarchical | National remuneration | Adelaide basedMy client is
a global tier 1 management consulting firm with a local feel. This is a senior leadership role to look after their Technology Risk and Cyber team here in Adelaide. Interstate candidates wishing to return "home" or who want a better lifestyle with an East coast salary, read on!
- The team is 7 FTE and this role has direct line management responsibility for these individuals; the team will continue to grow
- Great mix of clients in Financial Services, Corporates (which is mainly manufacturing, FMCG, Retail) and Energy/Mining.
- The remainder of the work for this team is largely in the State Government, Power and Utilities and Education sectors.
- The work is focussed on helping those organisations to identify and manage technology risk. These projects sometimes originate via relationships between the client and the Internal Audit team, and sometimes via client relationships with their Management Consulting team.
- The Adelaide market is seeing demand increasing in relation to ‘digital transformation’ across several sectors, notably state and local government, higher education, defence industry and utilities.
- Cyber is heavily focussed on Defence. This is largely run as separate portfolio by a dedicated Partner who is based in Canberra. There is a need to extend the Cyber offering to other sectors and a challenge for the successful candidate will be to support that objective.
- The team focussed on Cyber is 12. This role will not have direct line management responsibility but will have a “pastoral care” and local leadership responsibility.
- Lead and manage the Technology Risk and Cyber service line for SA, having overall responsibility and accountability for the strategy and team performance (including revenue and staff utilisation). This also includes being a core member of the national Technology Risk and Cyber leadership team.
- Act as a leader, mentor and coach for the SA Technology Risk and Cyber team, including a strong focus on staff welfare and performance. This includes:
- Developing, motivating and counselling team members
- Bringing clarity to the work of the team and focusing their effort and commitment
- Applying the firm’s performance development process, including setting goals with individual team members, evaluating performance and providing regular feedback that addresses strengths and development needs
- Leading by example and inspiring others by developing and motivating others, being a champion of inclusion, connecting individuals by building collaboration and innovation.
Director / senior management level expertise in technology risk, including:
- IT external audit and attestation
- IT internal audit
- IT risk management
- Business resilience
- Ideally Cyber security (working knowledge and/or experience in governance, process, and controls, as well as technical aspects)
Director / senior management level experience in one or more sectors / industries, such as Government, Corporates, Energy and Natural Resources and Financial Services.
Manage and have overall accountability (including sign-off) for multiple and concurrent complex projects, engagements, and audits. This includes:
- Contribution from cross-divisional/group staff (both locally and nationally
- Acting as a specialist (individual and team) on other service line engagements and audits.
- Lead and execute projects to a level that meets the firm’s quality standards (including Australian and international auditing standards as required)
Lead business development activities, including
- Building relationships with a broad range of clients over time, including Board members, Audit & Risk Committee members, C-suite and executive levels.
- Identifying and converting opportunities for new work and engagements, both new clients and opportunities as well as on-selling work. This includes within the Technology Risk and Cyber service line and other service lines within the firm.
- Lead and manage the commercial and contractual aspects of engagements/projects including scope, legal, risk, issue and budget management (fee-proposals, overruns and work above budget).
Rem and benefits, and reasons to consider this role
Salary - $190,000 - $230,000 + Super
Salaries are the same Australia wide
Coaching and mentoring
Work from home and flexibility
National role based in Adelaide
Smaller office – but large for Adelaide – 260 FTE, 70 in management consultancy, 30 in technology
Adelaide is top 3 performing location in Australia
Good amount of national travel if that is something you like
Big clients – Westpac, NAB etc
They have the biggest management consulting tech team in Adelaide
The culture is collaborative and non hierarchical
Opportunity for secondments, work in other areas of the business, international and national roles
Their IP and collateral are second to none
A solid loyal client base from the audit/accounting side of the business to mine for Cyber work – HOT leads!
APPLY NOW or call me for a chat:
0404 380 704 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.pipertalent.com.au