We are conducting interviews over video. Our employees can voluntarily return to our office, and some positions may be required to be in office. (we will share that at the interview) For most roles, we are fully supporting remote work through July 2021.
Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
In February 2021, KKR & Co. acquired a majority stake in Global Atlantic in a strategic transaction. Additional information can be found in our press release.Position Overview
As part of Global Atlantic’s Risk Department, the Enterprise Operational Risk team is an independent risk management function responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing a comprehensive (second line of defense) risk framework. Reporting to the team’s Vice President, the Director, Enterprise Operational Risk will play a leadership role in managing and maturing the enterprise Risk Assessment and Incident Reporting Programs. The successful candidate will have opportunities to interact with senior leadership and to collaborate with colleagues across the firm; as such, he/she must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal effectiveness, strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as possess analytical aptitude. The successful candidate typically excels in a dynamic work environment and can take on a diverse set of responsibilities while delivering quality results. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the below:Risk Assessment
- Leading aspects of the enterprise risk assessment program, including: maturing and providing guidance on RCSA assessment methodology, facilitating the completion of assessments across functional areas, and effectively managing relationships with internal clients (including those at the senior manager and executive levels)
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in various risk and control areas (i.e., Internal Audit, SOX, Business Continuity, Third Party Risk) to design and implement improvements to enterprise risk assessment methodology and reporting
- Improving upon the transparency and utility of risk assessment data for internal clients (including Risk Committee) and managing ongoing reporting
- Proactively think about changes in the business and how these impact the company’s enterprise operational risk profile
- Ensuring training and functional support are provided across a range of departments on risk assessment methodologies
- Managing GA’s existing operational risk incident reporting program through a highly client-centric lens
- Leading client-centric improvements to the operational risk incident reporting program, including: improvements to rating scales, cross-functional incident reporting alignment, management and communication of escalated issues, increased transparency in the incident lifecycle, and driving committed remediation tasks through to resolution
- Managing ongoing incident reporting requirements while improving upon the transparency and utility of incident data for internal clients; partnering with internal clients to develop “Lessons Learned” reports on material incidents for Risk Committee
- Effectively managing relationships with firmwide incident reporting partners, including: Operations, Third Party Administrator Management, Technology, Finance, Compliance, Cyber, Business Continuity, and Third Party Risk
- Ensuring training and functional support are provided to key stakeholders, as needed
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience with knowledge of enterprise and operational risk frameworks, including and best practices in the financial services industry
- Proven track record of exceptional client / stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with experience working to deadlines and managing processes within a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to influence team members inside and outside of immediate areas of responsibility and from a wide range of organizational backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work remotely across multiple geographies
- Super professionalism and sound judgement
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Global Atlantic Financial Company Employee Candidate Privacy Notice