We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.The role
We're looking for a Fraud and Financial Crime professional who will own the end-to-end consumer lifecycle - including application fraud, account takeover, chargebacks and victim management. This is more than just a traditional Fraud management role and requires someone with out-of-the-box thinking who can assess risk with a commercial lens. More importantly, you will be someone who is passionate about preventing Fraud and Financial Crime, but understand the importance of balancing fraud mitigation and customer experience.In This Role You Will
- Lead the Fraud Prevention and Investigation team.
- Ensure appropriate controls and operational processes are developed for new business initiatives.
- Review, identify gaps/opportunities and enhance the effectiveness of existing controls to detect and prevent fraud.
- Define, develop and manage anti-fraud strategies and policies/procedures, and create a high level of awareness within the organisation.
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders including members within the Data Science, Operations, Legal/Compliance, Product and Technology teams and assist in the delivery of special projects.
- Work with the CIO and Senior Fraud Managers in the design of risk management strategies, product roadmaps and frameworks to optimise fraud detection and prevention across the customer lifecycle.
- 10+ years’ experience gained from a commercial environment with a focus on Fraud Risk management.
- Experience in Fraud Risk management across both online (Card Not Present/E-commerce) and offline (Card Present/in-store) channels.
- Experience in retail banking, consumer finance and/or payments sectors.
- Past experience leading and mentoring teams - you should be somebody who likes to lead by example.
- A customer first mentality and always thinking about how decisions we make at Zip will impact our users.
- Knowledge of regulations relating to KYC/AML/Sanctions.
- A passion for the latest technologies and tools for fraud risk management.
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else. Benefits @ Zip
Share incentives Flexible working culture Generous parental leave Birthday and wellness leave Zip Pay account with no fees ever Epic offices with a casual dress code Free breakfast and weekly lunches Lots and lots of snacks Heaps of social events Fully stocked bar!
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.