The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) is a small federal government agency tasked with improving the accessibility and availability of government services online by helping government "transform services to be simple, clear and fast".
By joining the DTA, you will be at the forefront of technological change within the APS. This agency is at the cutting edge of government agile delivery and is challenging the status quo. Small in size but with a whole of government impact, they pride themselves on being able to change the way the public sector engages.
With a reputation for having an excellent culture, combined with their subject matter expertise, you will really feel the impact of working here.
This is a unique opportunity to gain a permanent EL1 position in the APS.
You will join the Finance, Procurement and Assurance Team who are responsible for delivery of strategic, client focused and innovative services to the DTA including finance, procurement, audit, fraud and freedom of information.
This is an opportunity to:
- Secure a permanent ongoing position in the APS
- Work in a fast-paced and rewarding environment
- Join a supportive team environment with a positive work culture and an opportunity for career development
- Report directly to a high performing Chief Finance Officer with a direct line of sight to senior executives
- Benefit from a competitive enterprise agreement
As an EL1 Performance and Governance Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver the DTA's annual performance reporting including Corporate Plan and Annual Report
- Lead and oversee all internal audit activities including planning and implementation of recommendations
- Lead and oversee Audit Committee activities including provision of papers, reports and briefings on relevant topics to the Executive Board, Audit Committee, Chief Finance Officer, and other committees or individuals
- Manage DTA's Risk Management Framework, identify emerging risks and issues, consider their implications, and propose solutions
- Oversee Commonwealth performance management legislation and policies and DTA's associated internal policies, controls and compliance regimes
- Support the Chief Finance Officer in the delivery of effective, efficient, high quality organisational outcomes
- Manage staff as directed by the Chief Finance Officer
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role, you will have experience working in a corporate services environment in one of several of the following areas; governance, risk, business continuity, internal audit, performance reporting and fraud control.
You will also have:
- Experience with Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management and Fraud Control (highly desirable)
- Strong written and oral communications skills including the ability to tailor language and advice to different audiences and produce reports and advice on short notice
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to liaise with and support audit committees and management committees
- Sound knowledge and experience in policy and procedure development, maintenance and assurance
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth legislation and policies, especially including:
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act)
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014 (PGPA Rule)
- Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework
Tertiary qualifications in risk management, governance, fraud control, business continuity and/or Insurance, especially as they relate to public sector management
To be eligible for the role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Have or be willing to obtain a NV1 security clearance
Salary / Rate
- $109,454 - $121, 334 per annum + 15.4% super
- Permanent ongoing position
- Location can be either Canberra
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tabatha Gallaway on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16327.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.