Enterprise Risk Manager
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Enterprise Risk Manager in Melbourne to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers. About the opportunity
You’ll join our Finance Team — the team that provides expertise and support to our five business verticals. You’ll work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to help them overcome obstacles by understanding their unique goals and challenges, so they can focus on what really matters - helping our customers succeed.
Reporting into our Director of Enterprise Risk you’ll support our senior leaders across Xplor’s business to identify and manage key risks that affect Xplor, our customers and Shareholders. This is a true Greenfields role, assisting the Director for Enterprise Risk in setting up an Enterprise Risk Management Framework for a global technology company, with exposure to Senior levels of the organization internationally. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
What would make me a good candidate?
- Lead the development, implementation and management of processes central to the risk management function, including tools and processes to identify monitor and report on risks
- Managing and maintaining the risk register, including developing a regular risk reporting cadence for senior management
- Informing and advising management of critical risk issues and treatment options
- Ensuring key control failures are escalated to senior levels when appropriate, together with partnering with senior management to identify treatment options and controls
- Advising and supporting management in their ownership of strategic and operational risks
- Managing the overall process for identification, assessing and updating key strategic and operational risks across the business
- Coaching and influencing business owners to understand and accept accountability for risks
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
- Previous experience in Risk Management or similar governance roles in a fast-paced, commercially driven organisation
- Strong knowledge of best-practice risk management methods and tools
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and drive value-enhancing risk management processes
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a changing environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
More about us
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to EAP etc
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services. How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner - APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit https://www.xplortechnologies.com. Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community. Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check/Blue Card as part of their employment. We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.