Do work that matters
Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks.
See yourself in our team
The Enterprise Services (ES)* Risk Team (Line 2) provides independent advice, assurance and approvals on Operational Risk and Compliance for ES. *Enterprise Services delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions.
As an Executive Manager within ES Risk, you will lead the take-up of Operational Risk and Compliance Frameworks and Standards within ES Risk and work with the ES CCO on embedment. You will assess the consistency of practices within our team, and drive consistent capability uplift. You will combine your operational risk technical skills and experience, with a solid track record of planning, coordination, regular delivery, data management and stakeholder management. You will support the COO in providing quality assurance and oversight of cross-team initiatives relating to ES or internal requirements. You will help to ensure that reasonable steps are consistently achieved for ES Risk BEAR responsibilities.
This is a permanent role based at South Eveleigh. We also offer remote working and a flexible workplace.
In any given week your responsibilities may include to:
- Lead the uplift in ES Risk consistency of Line 2 practices with regard to operational risk and compliance management Frameworks, Standards and risk and control Taxonomies;
- Plan and deliver Line 2 risk and controls advice and quality assurance reviews;
- Train and educate our teams on technical application of Standards including risk profile development, controls assessment, assurance and automation, three lines of accountability (defence);
- Monitor the frequency of delivery across teams and action improvements in consistency and quality;
- Develop and execute a plan to ensure delivery of key actions or initiatives. Plans can include monthly, quarterly or annual deliverables. Manage the annual ES Risk assurance plan;
- Report findings through the ES Non-Financial Risk Committee;
- Deep dive into DART or RiskinSite data to analyse and form a view on risks, controls, issues and incidents that relate to cross-team or other initiatives;
- Develop and deliver presentations and papers.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Experienced and technical capable professional who can exhibit advanced risk practices and ability to lead others in the consistent application of Operational Risk and Compliance Frameworks and Standards;
- Experienced with risk and controls assurance reviews and advisory;
- Solid track record of planning, coordination and delivery, multi-tasking and actions management;
- Ability to self manage deliverables and communicate effectively with senior management ;
- Strong stakeholder management skills and willingness to help others;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Services (may include technology and cyber; supplier; Group Ops; Payments);
- Solid understanding of BEAR is desirable;
- Project management experience is desirable;
- Data analytics skills required (RiskInsite; DART);
- Deep financial services experience;
- Mature understanding and application of industry regulations, standards and frameworks (e.g. CPS 220, CPS230 - emerging)
At CommBank, we’re committed to innovation.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/06/2021