Do you want to build the most accurate sports trading platforms in the world? Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At FanDuel, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved online sports gambling brands. Our Software Engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
We are looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators, and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems as well as an eagerness to learn from and educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for our customers.About You
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you are a force multiplier to your teammates as much as you are a developer. This role will be a great fit if you have both passion and experience balancing coding, mentoring, and communication.
You set a positive example by proposing pragmatic solutions to complex problems, commitment to achieving customer outcomes and operational excellence, communicating clearly; and being deeply curious and confidently humble. You excel at taking a defined design to turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices. You write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects.
You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not. You make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. You participate in team design, scoping, and prioritisation discussions. You seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team's software. You work effectively with other team members and identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions. You invent, refine, and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals. You are a passionate advocate for your customer.Skills We Value
- Experience and passion for writing distributed, highly scalable, and available systems and APIs using Microsoft .NET Core or similar frameworks.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies or your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- You clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
What are the perks
- Performance based Annual Bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers
- Tailored career development programs, including Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you as you are. To make sure you are the best person for Sportsbet we assess behaviors, learning agility and expertise. This ensures all types of experiences can be considered for all roles. We encourage you to apply immediately as we will begin shortlisting within 1-2 weeks of advertising At Sportsbet.