Police Bank is a progressive, people-focused financial institution offering its Members a competitive range of financial products and services. With over $1.7 Billion in assets, Police Bank is one of Australia's fastest growing Mutual Banks that is taking steps towards modernised banking.
If you have a curious mindset, then it’s a fantastic time to join us as we go on a journey of digital transformation. At Police Bank we want to empower you to make a real difference in your career, for our team and our members.
About the Role
You will oversee the creation, embedding and maintenance of the Risk Management Framework and all relevant components across Police Bank. You will have overall accountability for the management and implementation of effective risk and compliance systems and processes to ensure standards and organisational objectives are met.
You will be instrumental in Police Bank’s continuing evolution that will enable teams to achieve greater impact through improved systems, processes, business alignment and cultural focus.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the ELT and Management to deliver on the Board’s priorities in-line with the Risk Management Framework and Risk Appetite
- Leading the development and embedding of systems and processes to support continuous improvement in the approach and adoption of an optimum Risk Management Framework across the organisation.
- Helping operationalise risk management - work in an agile way with the business to improve the identification, assessment, management and monitoring of risks and controls.
- Developing relevant risk and control taxonomy, tools and templates.
- Supporting the development and challenge of improvements across risk profiles, risk and control assessments, risk dashboards and other supporting activities including driving key initiatives.
- Enhancing KRI’s, supporting root cause analysis, and trending analysis as well as executing a control assurance function.
- Being the key contact and trusted business partner and adviser for all matters relating to risk management and providing assistance to support and advice as the business invests in their capabilities, risk awareness and maturity.
- Championing the development of a proactive risk management and compliance culture that brings Risk closer to the business.
- Strong leader who develops strong relationships across the business, teams and demonstrates positive vertical and horizontal leadership.
- Relevant tertiary or professional qualifications.
- In-depth experience within large, complex organisations.
- Experience in facilitating risk workshops, gaining risk appetite consensus.
- Experience in presenting to senior management teams to explain and educate in relation to all aspects of a Risk Management Framework.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, laws, policies and regulations including but not limited to AFSL, AUSTRAC and APRA Prudential Standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to embrace organisational change including use of modern technology and an ability to analyse and problem solve in the context of change and continuous improvement.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply now!
Should you have any questions about this position, please contact Rayna Heckenberg (Chief Risk Officer) at email@example.com