Based from Toowong and reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, we have a strong sense of initiative, innovation and accountability, the Internal Auditor will develop strong business relationships and deliver quality internal audits to inform control environment improvements.
Auto and General’s Internal Audit team provides concise evaluation of the control environment and provide advice, underpinned by fact-based observations and pragmatic recommendations. Our aim is to support Auto and General achieve its business objectives.
- Contribute and develop the audit scope, testing approach, audit program and data analysis with team members and stakeholders;
- Conduct assigned audits and advisory engagements to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls;
- Evaluate business processes in order to ensure alignment with standards, policies and external regulations;
- Accurately draft and discuss observations that address the root cause of issues, and perform follow-up on the implementation of agreed action plans;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to better understand the business and improve the audit delivery;
- Evaluate management action plans to determine whether the risks are appropriately addressed to close out observations.
- Contribute to department, division and organisational initiatives.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree qualified with current Audit / Insurance auditing experience (an auditing role within an Insurance or Auditing firm);
- CPA, CA or CIA qualified (candidates working towards these qualifications will also be considered);
- Knowledge of APRA Standards and ASIC licensing requirements;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and time management skills;
- Organised with a keen eye for detail and customer-focus.
- Comfortable in working with ambiguity with the tenacity to chart a path and navigate towards the end goal;
- Strong ability to quickly switch contexts; from detailed numbers and data focused to longer term strategic implications and vice versa;
- Keen sense of curiosity to understand the underlying (and sometimes unwritten) ways of working;
- Keen sense of curiosity to identify practical improvement opportunities to improve the team, division, or the business;
- Maturity in thinking to prioritise own ideas based on environmental and team demands;
- Demonstrates strong owner’s mentality and is outcome focused. Takes charge of initiatives and drive them towards the outcome.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home, and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong -Brisbane City fringe location
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.