About the role
The Head of Compliance will ensure that the Genesis Group remains compliant with the rules and regulations that impact Genesis' operations in all markets it provides services to. Duties include but not limited to; remote gaming license compliance and licence applications, Player Protection & Responsible Gaming, advising and drafting of policies and procedures, audits, monitoring legislation across all markets, training and leadership. The selected candidate will possess a strong compliance and/or legal background.
- Drafts, handles, prepares, and follows up on licensing applications for the obtainment of new licenses and or license renewals for various group companies.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport with Regulators acting as main point of contact (Malta, UK, Spain, Sweden) to ensure that good relations are fostered.
- Represents various group companies/attends meetings held by various associations, committees, and specialised workshops (on a regular or one-off basis).
- Attends Management Team Meetings in representation of the Compliance Department.
- Responsible for all areas of .com and .country licensing and compliance adherence across brands which to date includes Malta, UK, Sweden and Spain.
- Continuous monitoring of compliance with licensing obligations and keeping abreast with changes in licensing requirements and regulatory developments.
- Liaising with Regulators with reference to customer complaints escalated to the Regulator and other third parties.
- Overseeing annual compliance audits and personally managing internal and 3rd party regulatory compliance audits (Malta, Sweden, UK and Sweden).
- Providing general legal compliance advice on all aspects relating to remote gaming legislation in a number of jurisdictions.
- Creation, review and updating of internal company policies for all departments on matters which affect licensing and compliance including but not limited to, advertising and marketing, IT policies, Fraud policies, Responsible Gaming Policies.
- Sits on the Group's IT release committee to ensure that scheduled development work required for compliance purposes is given the necessary priority.
- Handles sensitive escalated customer complaints from the Regulator and liaises with the Regulator to ensure prompt and efficient resolution thereof.
- Provides advice and reviews business contracts wherever required for compliance and licensing matters.
- Conducts regular meetings with department heads to ensure collaboration on all matters which may impact compliance with licensing conditions and other compliance obligations resulting at law or from self-regulation.
- Manages a team of compliance officers, both technical and regulatory, ensuring that the team receives the necessary advice, guidance and assistance they require from their manager to enable them to carry out their day-to-day job. Takes responsibility for the team's actions and regularly liaises with direct reports (at minimum every week) to always ensure a bird's eye view of the Compliance Department's remit.
- High-level monitoring of all compliance aspects of the business, identification of compliance gaps or risks and escalation thereof to Chief Legal & Regulatory Compliance Officer and senior management.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role within the iGaming Industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory requirements.
- In possession of a relevant qualification and ideally, with a legal background.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in dealing with both MGA, UKGC, essential and SGA, DGOJ a bonus
- Able to build and maintain excellent relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
At Genesis we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment. We believe that our employees are our main asset and we make sure that we walk the talk. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide daily lunch, regular team events, Comprehensive Health Insurance and other benefits. This position is based in Malta and we are looking to recruit as soon as possible.