Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is Victoria's safety regulator responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety. Our role is to ensure that Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectations. We are also responsible for licensing and registering electricians, and educating the community about energy safety. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting new opportunity reporting to the General Manager, Strategy, Performance and Risk, as the Head of Strategy and Risk. You will be responsible for driving strategic and cross functional business planning initiatives across ESV.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and contribute to organisational wide projects such as the corporate strategy and business planning processes.
- Monitor the external environment to identify emerging risks and ensure that ESV's strategy adequately addresses those risks.
- Effectively manage Risk and Strategy projects and initiatives, including specific regulatory and business improvement activities/projects such as future energy, business intelligence and targeting, and regulatory guidance.
- Develop, implement and manage division owned policies, procedures and documents that ensure ESV achieves statutory responsibilities, good governance practices and useful information for external and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate risk management and governance processes, including management of the internal audit function.
To be successful, you'll have:
- Relevant qualifications, along with energy industry or regulatory experience.
- Understanding of the principles and application of safety management, relevant legislation, standards and codes, preferably in relation to energy safety.
- Extensive experience in risk management practices including the application of technical risk methodologies in high hazard sectors and an understanding of risk in the regulatory context.
- Extensive experience in contributing to organisation strategic planning, developing and implementing business plans, focusing on the achievement of both short and long term goals.
- Strong project management experience including proven experience in the management various stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills ensure effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior analytical research skills and the ability to provide advice and/or reports to senior management on complex technical and legal issues.
Why join us?
At Energy Safe Victoria we offer roles that enable our people to feel valued by making a meaningful contribution to the Victorian community. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive culture, and support the skills and career development of our people through regular learning, development and growth opportunities.
How to apply
Please refer to the available position description to assess your suitability and submit your current resume and cover letter via the Apply button. ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-ESV employees).
Please note that the location for this opportunity may temporarily be working from home due to the current requirements for all Victorians to practice social distancing amid the pandemic.