ILM AD System Specialist
Information Technology Directorate/ Strategy & Program Delivery / Melbourne
• Lead the ITIL processes of change control, incident and problem resolution
• Provide technical leadership in Identity Management solutions
• 24 month full time fixed term contract
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the ACU’s Corporate Services Portfolio, the Information Technology Directorate is led by the Director of Information Technology and three Associate Directors. The Director is responsible for overall strategic planning and governance, while the Associate Directors are responsible for specific portfolios representing the core functions of the Information Technology Directorate. These comprise Strategy and planning, Applications, Infrastructure and service delivery.
Strategy and Program Delivery partners with faculties and other business units across the University to deliver positive IT enabled change that makes a difference to ACU and the community. We understand, innovate, facilitate, plan and implement business capabilities that deliver on ACU’s strategic goals and vision. We also provide advice and assistance to the IT leadership team with strategy, planning, and reporting.
The ILM AD Specialist has a specific focus on delivering administration of the University’s Identity Management System through the application of programs, software and data protocols.
More specifically the role entails:
• Undertake and lead the ITIL processes of change control, incident and problem resolution with reference to the effective management of the University’s Identity management systems and the systems associated with Single Sign On environment .
• Manage relationships with business and technical stakeholders, whilst assisting in gathering their requirements, working from, and evolving, solution design documents in order to meet business needs.
• Work collaboratively with the University’s Security Manager and Enterprise Architect to provide technical leadership in Identity Management solutions including solution architecture and design.
• Review and Improvement of existing processes and facilitate the integration of these processes to meet ACU strategy of SSO and Identity management.
You will need to have:
• Completion of, or progress towards, postgraduate qualifications in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and/or education/training in the area of Identity management and SSO.
• Demonstrated experience with Windows and Linux servers, including vulnerability management, implementing IT security principles plus knowledge with disaster Recovery principles, proven experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Management system (FIM /MIM), SSO and knowledge of CAS, SAML and principles based on AAF (Australian Access Federation), ADFS, OAuth and OpenID connect.
• Experience with high availability architectural concepts of SSO systems, knowledge of load balancer and application performance tuning.
• Proven experience to design and optimise business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems within complex organisation structures.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description ILM AD System Specialist PD (2).docx. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $117,318 - $131,120 pa, including salary component $99,135 - $110,834pa (Higher Education Worker Level 8), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Mark Laffan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 8 March 2021
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.