Join us and let’s make a bigger difference together.
- Support the delivery of an information and technology risk management program across Australian Unity.
- Permanent full-time opportunity – join a collaborative and dynamic Group Governance function!
- We’re for Real Wellbeing.
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of over 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australian Unity — we’re a growing organisation, focused on finding opportunities to create social and community value while operating with commercial purpose. Australian Unity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Role
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Group Risk and Compliance team for an Information and Technology Risk Specialist to join our broader Group Governance function.
This line 2 role will see you reporting directly to the Head of Information and Technology Risk. You will support the delivery of an information and technology risk management program across the Group through the provision of high quality, proactive and commercial risk and compliance services that support delivery of Australian Unity’s strategy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will be responsible for providing oversight and independent monitoring across line 1 technology activities. You will provide sound and commercially sensible advice on technology and information risk and compliance and for supporting capability and culture initiatives, due diligence, risk assessment and monitoring of outsourced and cloud service providers.Our ideal candidate will have:
What makes us, us
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with demonstrated experience (ideally 5-8 years) in technology risk or technology audit related disciplines. You will have gained this experience as a Consultant / Senior Consultant/Analyst in a professional services firm or in an internal IT Security function.
- Relevant IT Security and Risk Certifications (or in progress). CISSP and/or CISM are highly desirable.
- A strong working knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework relevant to Australian Unity’s business portfolio including outsourcing and cloud requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, drive cultural change and gain support for relevant initiatives.
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working agilely in complex environments is essential.
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
Driving positive impact
Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
All these things are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest.Join us and thrive.