My client, a large enterprise organisation providing end-to-end project and program management expertise, skills and services to deliver major digital business transformation programs for Government agencies, have an opportunity for an Information Security Consultant to work closely with system owners, policy and strategy development, information security units, project, technical and business subject matter experts to ensure Security Controls identified in existing and future System Security Plans are implemented.
The Information Security Consultant will have the following Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- coordinate with stakeholders to ensure relevant information security policies and procedures are developed and/or updated. Policies may be at a program, agency or all of government level
- develop the necessary documentation such as processes, work instructions and procedures to ensure project alignment
- develop appropriate artefacts to support the development of a System Security Framework suitable for all ICT Projects
- undertake periodic reviews of solution designs and configurations to ensure Security Controls have been implemented as defined.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Information security implementation experience with a strong knowledge and understanding of the ISM and its controls.
- Experience in information, cyber and/or technology risk and security related compliance and governance.
- Experience in developing information security related plans, processes, work instructions and procedures.
- Experience conducting internal compliance assessments of ISM information security related polices, standards and processes.
- High level verbal and written skills with ability to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders.
- Experience interacting with a wide range of technical and business stakeholders.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in operational risk management and internal audit assurance, including risk mitigation, planning and strategy.
- Experience working in government organisations.
- Excellent problem solver and critical thinker who is able to synthesize information and recommend solutions.
- 6 month contract with extensions
- Immediate Start
- Long-term program of work