At Mitti, we’re disrupting the Australian Insurance market. We’re creating unique experiences for our customers by utilising tech and data. As a joint venture between Global Tech Unicorn SafetyCulture and QBE Insurance, we’re on an exciting journey to transform traditional insurer-customer relations.
As a Risk Assessor you’ll be dedicated to improving the quality of risk management and will proactively seek opportunities to deliver better experiences and outcomes for our customers. Through utilising SafetyCulture products, you’ll conduct virtual risk assessments with SME businesses and deliver a full report once concluded with recommendations to follow. You will have the opportunity to develop your role and be an expert on all things risk and safety. We are looking for someone to join us on our journey to change the way businesses insure in Australia.
- Conduct Virtual Risk Assessments with small businesses using new technology through client’s phones to take photos, record the assessment and provide a short report with risk recommendations.
- Create and maintain industry-specific risk management checklists. These checklists are provided to clients to be completed with the aim of mitigating risks on a required cadence (daily, weekly, monthly, annually).
- Be the frontline for customer support when it comes to risk mitigation and management.
- Work closely with insurance underwriter’s, product managers and founders to define and evolve risk mitigation strategies to go a step ahead of the standard.
What you bring:
- A passion for safety and an appreciation of the entire risk management journey.
- You’re a motivated self-starter who can collaborate with other disciplines including underwriters, product management, data and analytics and third-party vendors/partners.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your safety proposals as well as bring the customer along the journey.
- Start-up ready, you have a growth mindset and feel comfortable with ambiguity in your role, you can adapt to changing priorities.
- Prior Property Inspection, Risk Surveying, or Loss Adjusting, or similar background
- Experience in completing risk assessments, preferably insurance surveys and reporting with risk recommendations.
- Previous experience with one of the following industries: Construction, Manufacturing, Retail or Hospitality.
- Familiarity with safety software programs or similar
What we bring:
- You will do meaningful work at a product-driven company that's driving real change in the industry.
- We genuinely care about our people. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
- We embrace open communication and to be challenged. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
- We appreciate hard-working people who want to grow and learn as part of a team.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary including equity options
- Opportunity to work with leading developers in one of the fastest-growing tech companies.
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
- Sponsored team events every quarter.
- Flexible hours, we value life outside of work.
- Office space in a leading tech company with lunch supplied and end of trip facilities.