At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
We are currently searching for an Internal Audit Lead. We are currently expanding our Internal Audit team, which plays a critical role in enhancing and projecting organisational value by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls and governance processes. This exciting opportunity will partner with Orica’s global regions and business functions to support the execution and delivery of internal audit’s strategic objectives. This role will also support and participate in Internal Audits focused on financial, operational, IT, or ethics and compliance risk to provide assurance to management and the board in relation to the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal control environment.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated working experience in a similar role with some exposure to either or all; audit, assurance or risk management; data analytics; as well as working in a complex, fast paced global operating environment.
To be successful in this role, you will bring a background in internal audit from either an industry, Big 4 or mid-tier professional services firm, and have strong commercial acumen, numeracy and negotiation skills. This is a key role within the team, where exceptional communication, organisational skills and the ability to perform in a demanding, fast paced environment will see you thrive. If you are entrepreneurial, professional, committed and proactive in your approach, we want to hear from you.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Will Bring
- Support the implementation of the Internal Audit strategy by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach.
- Work with Internal Audit team members and apply Internal Audit’s methodology to lead the end-to-end internal audits including planning, scoping and the delivery of the internal audits.
- Develop draft internal audit reports in a clear and concise way, with practical recommendations that contribute to adding value to the business.
- Oversee, guide, coach and manage the performance of the Internal Audit Analysts.
- Assist with preparation of Executive and Board, Audit & Risk Committee reporting.
- Assist with management requests and code of conduct investigations on an ad-hoc basis.
- Assist with the successful implementation of the Internal Audit function’s strategic objectives and participate in stakeholder engagement and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify, review and report key findings from audit and assurance reviews.
- Develop and continuously improve audit assurance processes and frameworks.
What We Offer
- Role ideally suited to individuals with a minimum of (5) years’ experience with deep exposure to audit, assurance and risk management.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, economics, finance or equivalent.
- Relevant CA, CPA or CIA qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in managing end to end delivery of Internal Audit Plans and coaching, mentoring and supporting junior resources.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, with proficiency across the Microsoft suite.
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen, with a creative approach to problem solving.
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.