Are you able to provide professional and timely assurance services over a range of finance, operations and information systems?
A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer is a medium-sized boutique accounting firm that assist clients with Audit and Assurance, and Accounting and Business Services. By providing outstanding consultants and value for money service, our client delivers real results for our clients. This commitment to excellence has resulted in consistent growth in our Audit and Assurance Division, creating an exciting opportunity for an Internal Audit Manager.
Your Exciting, New Role
An opportunity exists to join a growing team of Audit and Assurance professionals in Tropical North Queensland. This position is responsible for execution on client engagements and maintaining a strong relationships with senior client personnel. You must have a solid understanding of your client’s business and be able to demonstrate relevant technical competence. You will be responsible for developing opportunities both at existing clients and new clients and is responsible for job economics and for ensuring timely close and billing of projects.
The Skills You Bring
- Providing professional and timely assurance services over a range of finance, operations and information systems;
- Assessing risk, adequacy and effectiveness of established systems, procedures and associated internal controls;
- Evaluating the delivery of operations or programs in accordance with the organisation’s governance structures and strategy;
- Liaising with relevant personnel & stakeholders to provide specific information, advice and support on business processes and work practices including but not limited to policies, risk, compliance and best practice opportunities;
- Conduct risk-based internal audit reviews over operational areas that are most important to clients;
- Apply varied assurance standards, procedures and techniques to identify efficiencies or performance improvements, as well as any internal control deficiencies;
- Identify fraud and corruption red-flags through data analytics, and look for exploitable holes in processes and procedures that are a significant risks to clients;
- Perform fieldwork, deliver audit reports and present these to client senior management and boards;
- Develop professional work relationships with clients and other stakeholders;
- Become well networked in the regional business community;
- Experience in auditing generally and a financial type background;
- A background that covers government and NFP industries would greatly assist;
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to be a “critical friend” to organisation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication – the role has an element that requires upmost discretion and professionalism;
- Uncompromising ethics and the ability to deliver ‘bad news’ to clients when facts are identified;
- Resilience and exceptional use of judgement – the role can be demanding and requires a lot of critical thinking and analysis;
- Travel away from home is sometimes required.
What’s In It For You!
The opportunity to play an integral role in the growth and development of the organisation. A rewarding remuneration package is also on offer.
What you do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 1011977/BD