Manager Cyber Security Level 8, $135,296 - $146,609pa, PS CSA A 2019Position Number:
Pool Ref DPC19057Work Type:
Permanent - Part Time, Permanent - Full Time, Fixed Term - Part Time, Fixed Term - Full TimeClosing Date:
2021-05-20 4:00 PMAttachments:
- manager cyber security jdf.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.There is currently one (1) position available for immediate filling.
Suitable applicants from this process will be placed in a pool from which temporary and/or permanent appointments may be made. The pool will operate for a period of 12 months from the date that the recruitment breach period has been finalised. This is great opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated person to help shape and implement strategic advice in the Office of Digital Government, which is responsible for cyber security for the state of Western Australia.
The Office of Digital Government is a division of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet responsible for;
- Cyber security
- Online services
- Policy and strategy
- Data sharing and analytics
- Reform of information technology procurement
We are seeking a Manager, Cyber Security, who will lead a team of security professionals in protecting our information assets through the coordination and delivery of cyber programmes and controls for Western Australia.
The Manager, Cyber Security (Strategy and Policy), is responsible for:
For further job related information:
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring the WA Cyber Security Policy.
- Maintaining oversight of the unit's program of work to ensure alignment with strategic initiatives, including status reporting to governance bodies and other stakeholders.
- Coordinating the unit's involvement in inter-jurisdictional committees and initiatives, including representing the unit at intergovernmental meetings.
- Providing advice on high level policy and governance, including Federal/State relations as they relate to cyber security and emergency management.
- Managing formal relationships and communications with state security and emergency management functions, law enforcement, and the Cabinet.
For further information,
please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) or contact Mr Peter Bouhlas, Chief Information Security Officer, on (08) 6552 3925 (not to be contacted for assistance with lodging your application). Applicants are required to submit:
Suitable applicants will be required to provide:
- A current and detailed resume/Curriculum Vitae; and
- A written application in no more than two (2) pages demonstrating how you are able to perform the role and undertake the responsibilities of the position.
- Proof of identity 100-point check.
- Undergo a Baseline Personal Security Clearance (details will be advised after selection).
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from a diverse field, including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, youth, and people with a disability which is supported by our Workforce and Diversity Plan. Eligibility:
To be eligible for appointment, applicants must have a valid working visa (for fixed term appointments) or be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (for permanent appointments) at the time of application. How to Apply:
Click 'Apply for Job' at the bottom of this advertisement to submit your application.
If you experience technical difficulties applying online, please contact the RAMS Helpdesk on 1300 733 056, in the first instance. For information about the process you can contact People Services on (08) 6552 2222. Applications are to be received no later than 4:00 pm, Thursday, 20 May 2021.
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to submit your application as late and incomplete applications will not be accepted
. Subsequent vacancies:
Applicants who are found suitable, but not recommended for the vacancy, may be considered for subsequent vacancies in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of the Commissioner's Instructions No.2: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.