This opportunity would suit a junior BA with knowledge around risk assurance, internal audit or line 1 risk who is looking to work on an a Risk uplift project for the rest of the year taking them up to Christmas. There is a potential for the role to be converted to perm to focused on BAU work but it is not guaranteed.
The project team this role sits within has 4 members currently and they are hiring 2 more. It is a Risk uplift focusing on regulatory obligations. The team asses the different business units, look at the controls they currently have and those that are missing. They then document this, test the controls that are in place for suitability and help to work with the business to implement controls where they are lacking.
This role is very important in working with stakeholders in workshops, documenting controls and ensuring accuracy levels are high. Role Responsibilities
- Lead and facilitate business workshops understanding compliance / regulatory obligations and identifying (with business representatives) processes and controls to manage those compliance obligations
- Document controls and / or identified gaps and agree with business stakeholders
- Guide and support business stakeholders in executing control attestation and administration
- Collaborate with Enterprise Risk and Compliance to the deliver interpretation of compliance / regulatory requirements to business stakeholders.
- Attend and contribute in project governance deliverables such as reporting, status packs, and working papers
- Track and report issues and raised remediation tasks
- Support the execution of control assurance activities for aligned business units, communication of results and monitoring of execution of remedial actions. This includes controls effectiveness testing.
- Assist in embedding an effective risk culture and champion the importance of effective risk management practices
- Problem solver – proactively thinks through issues and the impacts
- 5 years of experience in either Line 1 or Line 2 Operational Risk & Regulatory environments within the Australian financial services industry
- Extensive practical experience with risk management frameworks and operational risk disciplines
- Excellent communication and engagement skills with the ability to influence senior business leaders
- Understanding of the regulatory environment as well as key legislation impacting on business activities in financial services sector
- Understanding of operational processes, business complexities and interdependencies
- Desirable: GRC ServiceNow, LexisNexis Compliance module experience
For further information on this role or to confidentially apply, please contact Mark Montgomery on 02 8227 9200
or apply directly via the Apply for this job button. Only WORD FORMAT resumes will be accepted.