• Deep and innovative collaboration across the firm with a variety of clients across financial services, technology, healthcare, government, mining and resources, and more
• Mentoring programs - receive support and coaching to progress your career
• Flexible work arrangements, including 18 weeks paid parental leave
Do you want to work for one of the leading Risk Advisory teams in Australia? Do you want to work on large scale data programs and shape new data risk solution offerings by leveraging best practice data governance/management approaches and technologies?
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in our Data Risk and Compliance Insights team, you will lead teams and work with stakeholders to deliver practical and business aligned advice, strategies and solutions to help our clients manage the full range of risks that may present throughout the data lifecycle (e.g. data quality, data protection, compliance, commercial etc.) and in a range of business scenarios. You will play a role in the development of data governance/management solutions to help our clients manage data risk more effectively in response to business and regulator and other stakeholder commitments. This includes the delivery of data risk strategy programs and driving change in our clients to recommend and ultimately adopt leading practice data governance/management for their business.
About the team
The Data Risk and Compliance Insights team in Deloitte’s Risk Advisory business area aspires to have an impact that matters by helping our clients to see the value in risk using intelligent data capabilities. Our team of experts is embedded in our clients’ transformation and remediation agendas and are constantly curious about combining our industry and technology expertise to build trust in data, unleashing its full potential to create and protect value for all stakeholders.
We work with some of the largest and most respected organisations in Australia on real world problems and across all stages of the data transformation journey from designing the change required, to delivering and managing that change and providing assurance around change initiatives.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
• Experience with the design and implementation of data governance/management solutions plus proven ‘go to market’ capabilities in these areas (e.g. ability to conduct data maturity assessments)
• Strong client facing delivery experience with the ability to engage stakeholders at various levels leveraging your strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience including knowledge and understanding of key processes (e.g. risk / regulatory reporting, regulatory capital, liquidity) and emerging regulatory requirements
• Ability to articulate the role that data and technology play in risk/regulatory programs
• Experience leading and developing teams on data centric programs
• Experience in a similar consulting role with a national or global consulting firm (preferable)
• Participate and lead the proposal development including the pricing strategy in line with the business’ processes
• Understanding both agile and traditional project management principles and practices
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.