Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 4
Remuneration: $127,766 - $152,864 per annum, excluding superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ229372
Are you a strategic leader with extensive experience in governance, risk management and compliance? If so, we want to hear from you!
• Be part of an organisation that makes a difference in cancer control in NSW
• A great opportunity to influence, lead and drive strategic improvements within a diverse portfolio in a NSW government agency
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
Where you’ll be working
The Cancer Institute NSW is the NSW Government’s cancer control agency, established to lessen the impact of cancer across the state.
Working at the Cancer Institute NSW means joining a team of committed and dedicated staff who are proud to be a part of the Institute’s purpose of overseeing and accelerating the effectiveness of cancer control in NSW.
The Cancer Institute is a collaborative working environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in how we work and the way we work together. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply. Greater consideration will be given to suitable applicants, in order to improve access to employment and career opportunities (GSE Rule 26).
What you will be doing
In this role you’ll provide oversight and management of the governance, compliance and risk assessment frameworks for the Cancer Institute NSW, and foster a risk intelligent organisational culture that supports performance improvement through innovation, governance and best practice.
The position is responsible for managing an internal audit function, providing independent and objective advice and information to the executive team, and ensuring the Cancer Institute NSW meets its relevant corporate governance, risk management, compliance and statutory obligations.
To succeed in this role you will be experienced leading corporate governance, risk management and compliance functions in a large and diverse environment and will have relevant qualifications. You will have a proven ability to analyse and interpret complex information, and extensive experience working with senior stakeholders.
For your application to be considered
To submit your application, please provide:
• Your resume (maximum five pages)
• A covering letter addressing the Essential Requirements, as outlined in the Role Description
• A response to the Pre-screening Questions, as outlined below.
• Demonstrated extensive experience in leading corporate governance, risk management and compliance functions in a large and diverse environment, including relevant qualifications or equivalent experience including application of contemporary audit methodologies.
• Proven ability to analyse and interpret complex information from numerous sources, proactively prepare and present analysis and formulate strategic, business-focused solutions at an Executive and Board level.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and an understanding of the workings of government processes and systems, including policy and statutory requirements.
• Demonstrated experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, and work with a customer focused approach.
If successful for interview candidates must bring original copies of essential qualifications to be sighted by the panel, and one copy to provide to panel.
1. Outline your experience developing a strategic internal audit plan. What are the key processes you undertook and how did you implement and monitor delivery of the plan?
2. Describe your understanding of risk appetite and tolerance and how you use this framework in managing risk in a complex organisation.
Need more information?
For more information about the Cancer Institute NSW please visit www.cancer.nsw.gov.au. For role related queries or questions contact Lisa Cox, Chief Operating Officer, on email@example.com or (02) 8374 5678
Applications Close: Sunday 16 May 2021 at 11.30 pm.
All Cancer Institute roles are based at St Leonards.
The CORE+4 Values define what is important to the Cancer Institute NSW and our employees.
Our values are: Collaboration, Openness, Respect, Empowerment, Strategic, Supportive, Innovative and Flexible.
The Cancer Institute NSW is unable to offer salary packaging. Salaries will be negotiated commensurate to experience and qualifications of the role.
The Cancer Institute NSW supports flexible working practices for all employees and welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities. Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health. For more information please visit www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au.
Please indicate if you have any accessibility requirements in your application or speak with the contact person should you be called for an interview. We provide reasonable adjustment for people with a disability during the recruitment process and during their employment.
To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.