How will I help?
As a Audit Manager (Group Operations) you will be responsible for the planning and execution of selected technical audits across the Westpac Group focused on Group operations and corporate services portfolios.
1. Manage the planning and execution of Group operations and corporate services audits, including:
- Identifying key risks within an audit unit and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of controls to manage those risks.
- Documenting work performed and gathering sufficient and appropriate evidence to support conclusions and external review.
- Completing audits on time and meeting quality standards.
- Collaborating with colleagues and Group Audit teams on planning and execution of audits.
- Prepare and discuss audit reports and complex issues with management.
- Continuously monitor business unit developments, activities, issue management, emerging business portfolio specific or enterprise-wide operational risks or concerns.
- Keep up to date with new regulations and how the related risks would impact the Group.
- Participate in other Group Audit initiatives.
- Educate business auditors and business management on Group operations and corporate service portfolio risks.
- Contribute to the annual audit plan and strategy.
What’s in it for me?
Joining Westpac has many benefits besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be able to purchase leave to facilitate your dreams or obligations and you’ll be encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments. You’ll also be entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us.
What do I need?
- Undergraduate degree. Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Maths or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of Financial service industry experience including in banking operations, corporate services, and back-office domains.
- At least 3 years of audit experience with exposure to the banking and finance sector.
- Experience in consumer, business and institutional banking product/ service audits.
- Experience in banking operations and operational risk management including outsourcing and business continuity and knowledge of related best practices.
- Experience in emerging technologies and cyber security risk assessment activities.
- Strong communication, audit report writing and
What’s it like to work there?
We aim to provide one big, supportive team to help us reach our vision to become one of the world’s great service companies. Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we’re proud to have created a culture where people can be their best, in an environment that values diversity and flexibility. And one where everyone belongs.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We have developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe, and healthy whether they are working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.
Job : Credit Risk & Audit
Primary Location : AU-NSW-Sydney CBD
Employee Status : Permanent
Schedule : Full-time
Recruiter : Bradley Monks
Posting Date : 22/02/2021, 6:50:27 PM
Closing Date : 09/03/2021, 6:59:00 AM