How will I help?
You will be part of Group Technology Business Control and Monitoring, a central team responsible for enabling business success in keeping the Bank safe. We drive a risk mindset in technology so everyone has the capability to make informed decisions. We are responsible for evaluating, directing and monitoring 1st line risk activities to ensure risk across Technology is kept within the risk appetite established for the Westpac Group. You will be enabling this by providing risk leadership to Westpac’s Technology division.This May Include
You will be responsible for providing input to evaluate potential risks and exposures for Group Tech, and helping to understand control failures and assist in the identification of the underlying root causes. You will be a strong team player who has a collaborative nature.
What’s in it for me?
- Developing risk management strategies, evaluate potential risks and exposures in Technology, and determine how to effectively minimise those risks and develop procedures that can be implemented.
- Working closely with business and/or project owners to influence a strong risk culture e.g. conducting risk workshops, providing guidance on risk assessments and strategies, overseeing risk remediation activities against appropriate timelines.
- Drafting management reports for formal governance forums, making sure risks are articulated clearly and the right information gets to the right people for the right decisions to be made.
- Working closely with project and operational teams to ensure projects with technology solutions are appropriately designed to minimise delivered risk.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to further improve our risk service offering and mature risk and compliance management for the Group.
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.What do I need?
What is it like to work in Westpac?
- 5+ years' experience in an technology risk, infrastructure or Cybersecurity role
- Experience in a large and complex organisation, primarily in the financial services industry
- Knowledge and experience in risk and regulatory landscape, operational IT, business knowledge and/ or operational risk and compliance frameworks
- Ability to build successful relationships across senior executives and peers
- ITIL and COBIT or CISM, CRISP accreditations desirable
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility.How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We’ve developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they’re working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.
Our people are our highest priority and we are committed to placing our redeployees in available roles before we review other applicants.Brand
Credit Risk & AuditPrimary Location
AU-NSW-Sydney KogarahEmployee Status
Adam HeathcotePosting Date
19/11/2020, 11:49:00 PMClosing Date
04/12/2020, 6:59:00 AM