It starts with yes ...
Are you ready?
In this hands-on and highly visible role will be a dedicated resource focused on the regular review of systems, procedures, and practices to ensure payroll regulatory and statutory compliance with instruments such as Awards and Employment Standards, Tax, Leave accruals and Superannuation legislation, Worker’s Compensation and other associated statutory and legislative obligations.
In partnership with the Associate Director, Payroll Lead & Projects, you will be instrumental in ensuring non-compliance is prevented, detected and corrected.
Additionally, you will play an integral role in uplifting our payroll reporting capability across the group, ensuring we deliver a high level of service at all times. You will also manage key internal relationships with business functions such as Employee Relations, Legal, Data and Systems teams providing advice and collaboration in identifying any payroll related risk and compliance gaps in any industrial instruments.
Your core duties:
- Review and undertake compliance execution of all controls related to payroll, together with appropriate evidence recording and submissions;
- Develop the quality assurance framework across the SAP payroll and all integrated systems;
- Develop suite of sophisticated reporting using the Spinifex tool, plus lead and develop the team with Spinifex knowledge and capabilities;
- Review and identify required system changes and guide the team to design a successful testing practice and framework;
- Plan and develop all activities related to Testing in conjunction with the Payroll Systems and Project Manager;
- Identify system related defects and guide the relevant team with providing root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement;
- Maintain and review Payroll Record Management practices ensuring compliance with internal and external retention limitations;
- Taking ownership of the full life cycle for all periodical payroll related audits;
- Provide direction, management and review of payroll related statutory obligations and compliance during transitions of acquisitions;
- Provide guidance to Payroll Manager on updating and developing internal Payroll procedures in line with current best practice;
- Being a payroll compliance requirements SME, identifying any risks and applying measures to strengthen controls;
- Working closely with our Payroll Systems IT stakeholders who will configure necessary requirements; &
- Develop an internal audit program - consisting of but not limited to payroll forensic reviews, system limitations, processes and compliance frameworks.
What makes you perfect for the role?
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll tax and Superannuation legislation and statutory obligations, along with sound knowledge of accounting principles pertinent to payroll processing;
- High level data manipulation, analysis and reporting capability, including defined success developing new and improved reporting practices;
- Advanced user of Excel, with current experience using SAP Payroll and Spinifex ;
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail, top people skills (including staff management); &
- Passionate, high analytical, professional, enjoys problem solving and will bring an element of critical thinking to the role.
Please apply in confidence via the online function.
Seeking motivated & experienced Payroll Reporting & Compliance Manager; top team; great growth platform; Advanced MS Office & SAP required; start ASAP.