Currently seeking a QA Engineer on a permanent basis in our Sydney officeBe Part of Our Next Chapter
For over 50 years, we’ve been creating immersive experiences for some of the world’s leading brands and their customers around the world, and the best part is… we’re just getting started on our next chapter.
We’re a global technology company focused on creating dynamic, smart, personalised and engaging customer experiences powered by our range of digital hardware and proprietary content management system. (For example: If you’ve ordered in-store or in the drive-thru at McDonald’s somewhere in the world in the last few years, chances are you’ve interacted with our digital solutions.) We work in over 50 global markets and have 9 offices around the world, with a global headquarters proudly located in our founding home of Sydney, Australia.
Coates Group has the values of a family-owned business and the innovative spirit of a start-up because of our unique evolution. Through hard work, dedication and creativity, we’ve become industry leaders who have won awards and set records. We are a 2x Australia Good Design Award winner and we successfully completed the largest hardware deployment in Quick Service Restaurant history.
We are curious, charismatic and authentic. We are imaginers, solutionists, experts, makers, thinkers and collaborators. And together, we are creators, allowing us to make our purpose a reality – to create immersive brand experiences for everyone. Primary role
Things you should know
- Work closely with our developers to maintain the quality of our software/product and provide corrective and valuable feedback during our agile software development cycle
- Help promote sustainable quality practices to support our fast-changing environment
- Think outside the box to approach different problems
- Participate in code review and provide feedback and raise any concerns if needed
- Develop and maintain our automated testing framework
- Collaborate and share knowledge and experience with peers for continuous growth and learning
- Prioritise tasks and be able to assess risks and impact in order to make good decisions
Join a Crew that Cares
- How to collaborate with Product owners on defining success criteria
- How to coach Software Engineers on continuously improving code quality
- Increase velocity through test automation
- Continuous integration and delivery pipelines - Gitlab, Travis, Circle etc.
- Developing test cases for UIs and APIs
- Unix/Linux-like systems - you know your way around a terminal
- Version control with git - experience with Gitflow, MR and branching flows.
- A working knowledge of containers, we like Docker
- Load and performance testing – Jmeter, Apache Bench, wrk, or similar.
- Manual exploratory testing
- User acceptance testing with clients
Be part of a global team of talented, ambitious, creative people that value integrity, individuality and inclusivity. (Ask us about our Equality + Empowerment Initiative and why we believe your unique perspective makes a big difference.)
It’s Coates’ commitment to empower and develop its people that sets us apart. This is done through Crew-first policies like an annual market competitive bonus program, opportunities for rapid growth and our “Thrive Program”.
The cornerstone of Thrive is our flexible work approach, which includes a suite of flexible work options because we’re strong believers that you should never miss an important life or work moment. Thrive also provides dedicated time to prioritize our health and wellbeing (think virtual Yoga or meditation sessions), a Global Wellness paid day off to recharge as well as a “Give Back Day” to allow our Crew an opportunity to make an impact in the community. Be inspired To Be More
We skip the red tape and aim to always stay nimble. We’re proud of where we’ve been and are energized by where we’re going. We encourage ideas and perspectives because we know the more we have, the better we are. We work hard but have fun along the way. We push the boundaries but keep it real and authentic. We believe in the values that got us here are the ones that will continue to lead us forward. We are excited by what we’ve accomplished, but know the best is yet to come. If this is you, be sure to apply!