The purpose of the Regulatory Compliance Officer is to provide compliance-based advice and assistance to the business in key areas such as customer service, product design and delivery, partnerships and learning and development. The successful candidate will help the business understand and meet its regulatory obligations as prescribed by its Australian Financial Services licence and the General Insurance Code of Practice by supporting the business at all levels.
The successful candidate will also assist the Regulatory function in supporting the Auto & General business on regulatory change projects and ensure operating frameworks effectively support new regulatory and legislative change.
- Provide quality and timely regulatory and compliance advice to internal stakeholders;
- Continuously review and improve the Compliance Framework, including supporting documentation and associated training/eLearning material to ensure it remains fit for purpose and in line with existing and new regulatory requirements;
- Review and approve collateral as a compliance subject matter expert (advertising, procedures, training materials, website content, etc.);
- Participate in various projects as a regulatory and/or compliance subject matter expert, providing compliance and regulatory advice and approval as required;
- Identify and make recommendations to relevant areas regarding any opportunities identified for system, process, product, sales, or service improvements during the course of providing compliance advice;
Knowledge and Experience:
- Compliance Legal, Risk and/or Audit qualifications highly regarded;
- Minimum two years’ experience in a compliance, risk, assurance, legal or audit role for a Financial Service firm, General Insurance experience is highly regarded;
- Working knowledge of relevant compliance standards, legislative requirements (including financial services) and industry codes;
- Ability to engage stakeholders, build relationships, influence and negotiate on compliance obligations;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and organise workload in an effective manner;
- Highly analytical with the ability to operate in a complex dynamic environment and proven decision-making skills with the ability to make effective competent decisions in a timely manner;
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory and legislative changes and to effectively communicate these to internal stakeholders.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong - City fringe location
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work-related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.