New Directions Australia is a 100% Australian owned skin care manufacturer. We offer a full range of services including, contract manufacturing, custom packaging, and wholesale of raw materials and skincare products.
Our office is located in Marrickville – a 10 minute walk from Tempe or Marrickville Station.
We are expanding our in-house regulatory team and are looking for a capable individual who has prior experience and sound knowledge in regulatory requirements applicable to the cosmetic industry.
The role involves supporting all business units including Quality Control, Ingredient Approvals and Supply chain teams, you will be responsible to assist in monitoring and maintaining all regulatory responsibilities and compliance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review ingredients to ensure they adhere to import and poisons schedules (i.e., AICIS, SUMSP and other relevant standards).
- Create and maintain SDS for new/existing products. Ensure country compliance with GHS Requirements.
- Maintaining all regulatory aspects of the business including but not limited to regulatory submissions, permits, cosmetic claims and end user declarations
- Prepare ingredient list for finish products and raw materials for labelling purposes.
- Prepare and submit ACO, COSMOS Natural and COSMOS Organic formula application with Organic authorities.
- Ensure Hazardous and DG information in regulatory affairs database is maintained.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of Regulatory trends, changes and requirements impacting our products and company.
- Write and review documentation for Regulatory Submissions as required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regulatory bodies.
To be considered, you will ideally possess:
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a similar role (Regulatory role)
- Working experience within Skincare and Pharmaceutical sector is preferred.
- Sound understanding of legislative and compliance requirements.
- Working experience in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests.
- Fluent English Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaborative with Chemists, Quality Control and Purchasing.
- This position is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent residents. Proof of the right to work in Australia documentation will be required to be presented at the interview.
- We are inviting direct applicants only.