- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Manager Risk & Compliance - Quality Assurance Lending to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Retail Risk your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of approved controls assurance & testing plan for Management HUB (assessor & analysts) & Monitoring & Supervision of the Broker business unit activities
- Co-ordinate and manage successful completion of the test plan with insight reporting to business areas (incl. themes/trends).
- From time to time re-baseline test plan with deep dive activities as requested by business and endorsed by Risk leaders
- Support the Bank’s risk management framework to ensure controls testing approach informs risk ratings across divisions
- Successfully engage 2nd and 3rd line roles to ensure controls test plan supports other activities.
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure awareness of testing findings, work with management of development of adequate action plans, track progress. Escalate on timely basis files that need further review i.e. to manage file quality to standardised level
- Provide active leadership to analyst team, monitor testing quality and productivity
- Experience in banking/finance, including risk and retail banking
- Strong understanding of compliance and risk management practices, and the 3 Lines of Defence (3LOD) model
- An understanding of banking/finance specific regulations and compliance requirements
- The ability to formulate a compelling position in the Bank’s interests, internally and externally, in consultation with internal risk and compliance staff, to ensure compliance is a top priority across the division
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with personnel across a wide variety of areas and organisational levels.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.