The Risk and Compliance Analyst is a broad role which has a focus on the risk management, quality control and compliance functions across the firm.About Us
Pitcher Partners aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes. Your new role
The Risk and Compliance Analyst is a broad role which has a strong focus on the risk management, quality control and compliance functions across the firm. You will be working within the Practice Management Group and the Process Improvement Team in Sydney with the guidance of the Director, Risk and Work Practices. You will be exposed to a diverse range of experiences and opportunities to learn and develop.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to assisting with:
What you bring
- Risk management processes across the firm, including the scoping and undertaking of strategic risk reviews, maintenance of risk registers and monitoring of existing controls.
- Reporting on the outcomes of risk management processes, providing recommendations and developing strategies to improve processes and controls.
- Compliance and process improvement projects with a strong focus on technology enabled quality outcomes.
- Responding to evolving risks and implement improvements to processes and controls to drive change and mitigate these risks.
- Interpretation of laws and ethical standards that affect the firm and developing policies, procedures and training, and the testing of associated controls.
- Reviewing engagement documentation, including Terms of Engagement, Agreements, Confidentiality Deeds and Contracts, for compliance with firm requirements and assisting with commercial negotiations.
- Development, administration and monitoring of compliance and quality management programs.
The successful candidate must be commercially minded; able to read, interpret and apply legal and technical knowledge; have strong written and communication skills; be organised, self-sufficient and thorough; must be good at multi-tasking and willing to build successful relationships and be passionate about learning and developing.
A background in law, risk management, financial services compliance and/or internal or external audit is important. A knowledge of an accounting practice and accounting standards is beneficial but not essential. Tertiary qualifications in law, accounting and/or commerce are preferred.
The diversity in the role presents an opportunity to develop and grow your career and is suitable for a candidate wishing to develop or expand a diverse knowledge in risk and compliance. The role is also great for people who have completed a traineeship in a law firm but have decided a law firm isn’t for them, or first movers from a Big 4 accounting firm. Why we’re the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations across a range of industries. You will contribute to a team that drives value, results and innovation across the firm, and benefit from:
- regular professional development;
- opportunity to provide expertise to client-facing colleagues to allow them to better support clients;
- frequent interaction with people across the firm including Partners and senior leaders; and
- a supportive social environment.
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
If you are seeking a new challenge then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org