As a result of growth within the Risk & Resilience Team, an opportunity has opened up for a Risk and Resilience Analyst to join the team based in our corporate office in the Newstead, Brisbane.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Risk & Resilience Manager, you'll support in maintaining oversight and providing advice and reporting on Aveo's risk management and business resilience activities.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in managing Aveo's Enterprise Risk Management Framework, including the organisation's Risk Policy, Risk Appetite Statement and Divisional / Top 25 Enterprise Risk Registers.
- Maintaining a whole of organisation Business Resilience Framework (including business continuity and crisis management planning).
- Championing the proactive management of risk and business continuity threats across retirement operations and corporate services.
- Identify and detect potential threats to brand/reputation, financial sustainability, operational efficiency, workforce investments, regulatory compliance and safety to fully develop a shared understanding of Aveo's risk exposure.
- Conduct/facilitate the performance of regular risk assessments and preparation of all documentation related to risk assessment (e.g. risk registers).
- Assist the Group Risk and Resilience Manager to deliver regular risk analysis and reporting tailored to relevant audiences; including the CRO, CEO and Board/Audit and Risk Committee (complete with actionable plans for the avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels).
Some of the experience you'll need is:
- Significant demonstrated experience in a similar role with direct experience in risk management
- Knowledge of risk management, risk standards and assessment techniques (including ISO31000:2018).
- Exposure to business continuity planning (risk assessment/ business impact analysis/ plan creation) and crisis management or an interest in this area
- Advanced MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint skills
- Experience with RiskMan software highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior management and present recommendations/influence decision making.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills - ability to manage diverse stakeholders in person, over the phone or via email
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and reprioritise work in response to unforeseen or fluctuating demands
- Excellent organisation skills
- Tertiary qualifications in business/risk/accounting/finance or other related field
- Professional risk certification (preferred)
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve our residents through Kindness, Care and Respect. Kindness, Care and Respect are our corporate values.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently and proudly do so for 13,000 residents in 94 retirement communities across Australia.
No Recruitment agencies please.