AGL is changing and with change comes great opportunity
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
For more than 180 years, AGL Energy has been at the forefront of energy innovation in Australia. Now, we’re moving ahead with a new chapter as we look to create two new leading energy companies who will build on strengths of AGL today and play an equally important but different role in Australia’s energy transition.
With our eyes on the future, we’re investing in new ideas, partnerships and infrastructure – renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable and affordable for our customers.
As we evolve, we’re looking for people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talents to build their careers with us.
By being part of our story, you will play an important role in helping Australia transition to a cleaner and more connected tomorrow.
About the Role
The Risk Analyst works with the Wholesale Markets and Treasury business units to understand business, drivers, concerns, future plans and offer support and advice to enable the risks managed to an acceptable level.
They will assist in the operational readiness for changes in the Wholesale Markets and Treasury business, new activities, market and regulatory landscape and also contribute to the re-design of systems that impact this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Apply Policy and Framework guidelines to business activities within IE Trading and Treasury teams to ensure that governance requirements are met.
- Maintain the risk management policies for Wholesale Markets and Treasury. This includes working closely with the business to understand changes that need to be reflected in the policies.
- Assist in the preparation of mandatory trainings for various front, middle and back office personnel related to the risk management framework and track attendance.
- Perform user access reviews, mapping access to appropriate user groups and delegations of authority.
- Manage employee due diligence process and governance process in providing delegations of authority to new representatives under the risk management policies.
- Prepare and maintain authorised trading mandates for circulation to AGL’s wholesale trading counterparties.
- Carrying out compliance reviews and ad-hoc assurance activities with the risk management policy.
- Reporting and escalating the risk and policy issues, analyse, understand the root cause to the issues, provide risk assessment and working with the stakeholder to derive an appropriate action plan to manage the risk or remediate the non-compliance.
- Build and maintain proactive and effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to collective Risk team’s efforts to improve operational efficiencies and identify new value-added activities.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all Wholesale Market commodities including market structures and operations as well as industry contract developments
- Perform Know Your Customer checks on new counterparties to ensure compliance with anti-money Laundering, our Australian Financial Service License and other relevant regulations, such as anti-bribery and corruption and trade sanctions.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong ability to communicate information verbally and written, consult and work with the team to achieve team goals.
- Strong, proactive consultation and relationship building skills with stakeholders both internal and external to Risk team and AGL.
- Proactively drive compliance requirements within and with stakeholders outside the Risk team to ensure compliance with relevant Policies.
- Ability to identify, diagnose and escalate issues on a timely basis.
- Critical thinking, strong inductive capability to navigate through complex portfolio, transaction and industry environment.
- Proactive management of own workload to ensure that deadlines are met, or potential issues are raised early.
- Attention to detail while understanding the broader context, striving for excellence.
- Experience in Human Centered Design approach is an advantage.
- Experience in utility or financial services markets
- Experience in audit, compliance or risk management
- Undergraduate qualification in a business or analytical discipline required
Inclusion at AGL
At AGL, all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people.
AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences. We also recognise that some applicants may not wish to disclose, and we respect their decision. To learn more about reasonable adjustments that can be offered throughout the recruitment process, please visit: http://www.agl.com.au/-/media/aglmedia/documents/about-agl/who-we-are/our-committments/210719_reasonable_adjustments_guideline_2021.pdf
Job Family Group: